Flopsy making a nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samijayne

Reaction score
I had my male rabbits neutered in November 08. after they accidently got my female rabbit pregnant. She had 5 babies (I've posted about the babies in dec) only 2 made it. Sadly one has gone to a new home. And the other has its own house now. I put My female rabbit in with my neutered male rabbit late jan, as they were getting along so great.

Now I just caught her making a nest. Is there any chance a vet can mess up a neutering and my male rabbit can still have babies? Or is it most likely phantom? And is there any way I can help her if it is a phantom?

Also should I take my male rabbit out of the cage? or is it ok?

Rabbits are still fertile to 6-8 weeks after a neuter, so they should not be put back together until after that time. However, a rabbits gestation period is 31ish days, so that would be far too soon.

So, that means that it is either a phantom pregnancy because she has not yet been spayed, or it means she has got pregnant again, and knwos what is coming so has built a nest super early (one of mine did this). I think that's probably more unlikely because of how long it was after he has been neutered that they met.

Having said all that, there is a possibility the vet has made an error. If you are worried, maybe take him for a check up?

Do you intend to get your girlie spayed?

In terms of the nest, leave it, until she demolishes it herself.To be honest, I'm not sure what I would do with the buck in your situation. I might be tempted to wait and see, or split them up, get her spayed, then rebond when she is recovered.

There is supposed to be a reply to this topic already (by flashy?) which I can't see??? I am not sure what's going wrong.
A pregnancy sounds unlikely to me since it sounds as if about two months have passed between the neutering and you putting them together. Unless of course there is a chance they got together before that without you knowing. 6-8 weeks appears to be the critical period
Forgive me if I'm repeating what has already been said but I can't see any other post but the first one

The vet said it was 5 weeks to keep the males apart from the female. So I started Bonding them in december (6weeks after the op). So Sooty and Flopsy have been playing together since december.

The RSPCA vet said 5 weeks, as well as my own vet. I had to take Sooty out of the cage and put him back in his old cage which he is very very unhappy about. As Flopsy attacked him when I put him in the cage after time in run. But because my hand was in the way when I saw her go for him, she got my finger :nerves1

I'll keep an eye on her =(

Latest posts

Back