Floppys surgery tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
Floppy went to the vet today and he is healthy as a horse...er...rabbit. lol. The vet said he is in great health and they will go ahead with his surgery tomorrow. I have been very blessed in finding this vet. She seems like a GREAT person and will not perform any procedure on any animal without an exam first and blood test. I feel very comfortable leaving him in her capable hands. I am very nervous, I have never left Floppy all day before and I am always a nervous wreck when any of my animals are under anaesthetic.

The doctor cuddled him, and baby talked him and he seemed rather comfortable in her arms. Even while she was palpitating his abdomen looking for his "lost" testicle. Due to his leg deformity, his right testicle has not descended all the way. It is not in the abdomen, just couldn't make it all the way to the scrotum due to his leg. She is going to attempt to push it down during surgery and gain access to it through the incision in the scrotum. Only if this is not possible, will she go through the skin and remove it.

Please send prayers for Floppys fast recovery, and for my retaining my sanity tomorrow without him. I drop him off at 8am, and can call at 2:30pm to find out when I can pick him up. He is the only Neuter scheduled tomorrow. Somewhere in between that time I have to maintain my composure on a conference call, and go to work.

P.S. There is a history here, and I am very nervous about taking Floppy toany vet at all, ever. This vet set my mind at ease over many things...

P.P.S. She also examined his bad leg, and could not determine where the deformity was. When he was a kit the vet said it looked like his hip...another said his knee, and this one honestly said she couldn't tell but he was happy and had no problems using it so why worry? Do you see now why I like her? She seems to genuinely care about the animals.

I will be sending out all my best thoughts for you both!

I may not know the why (history), but I don't think someone has to...A Vets office can be a scary place and leaving an animal there can be as well...I get tense too and I have worked for them lol. It just shows you are a good mom to worry so about your kids!

Please let us know how everything goes!

((sending out good vibes))

Prayers and wishes for {{{Floppy}}} and for his mom who loves him.

Thank you everyone. :hug1I don't think he realizes whats going on and he is so happy to be home from that scarry place today and now he has to go back tomorrow. :tears2:

You seem to have a great vet and I'm sure everything will go fine. Let us know how he wakes up. Lots of wishes and thoughts for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Marietta

Just got home from dropping Floppy off. Ruby is looking around for him...

I just have to get through the next 8 hours. I'm even more nervous because he had some wet poos last night, from the stress of the car ride and appointment yesterday I'm sure. I informed the vet this morning and she wasn't overly concerned but did put it in the notes. They are keeping him in his carrier with his blanky instead of in a cold cage until the surgery. That should help him feel a bit more comfortable.

Now I have to lead a conferance call in an hour and am feeling incredibly scatterbrained. Got to get it together, everything is going to be fine. I've been through this with every animal we have (except my daughters birds) and it never gets easier.

We just got home. Floppy is still a little groggy, he has two incisions, both sealed with surgical glue. So no stitches at least. He was very happy to see me, and had lots of love from the vet staff. There was a tech who wanted to bunny nap him. (she lost a bun to a urinary infection on Friday)

He is resting now, and I don't want to disturb him with pics, will update in the morning. :)

Is Floppy in the new avatar? whoops... I was just comin' here to catch an update on his appointment. Wanted to *SEND*MORE*HUGS and a bouquet of bananas accented with craisins and timothy strands, and bunnyonline shopping mag'z.

YES! I'm glad he's home and all sealed up! ;)

He will need lots of love and treats to feel better. Maybe a new toy and a blankie!

:D

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Is Floppy in the new avatar? whoops... I was just comin' here to catch an update on his appointment. Wanted to *SEND*MORE*HUGS and a bouquet of bananas accented with craisins and timothy strands, and bunnyonline shopping mag'z.

I think you included all of his favorite things!! Thanks for thewell wishesEveryBunny.

The Flopster is feeling better this morning. He ate all of his breakfast salad, and is hopping around a bit more. I might get brave this afternoon and flip him over and take a look at the incision areas. He has made it known that it will take many extra treats and cuddles for him to trust me again. Two days in a row I took him to that place. :(

I have him and Ruby seperated for a while until he begins healing. They can still sniff and see each other. Just seperated by nic panels. I think this is harder on her than him. Ruby keeps trying to tear the fence down.

I have seen him lick his behind, and I'm not sure if I should discourage this behavior or not. They are sealed with surgical glue. Do you think its ok for him to lick it? I have not seen any chewing or anything...

Bo - he has his favorite blankie and I put a nice new plush carpet rug in for him to lay on. Last night I put a rice heating pad in for him and he pushed it over into the corner and ignored it.

Latest posts

Back