Floppy had an episode of gas last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
Floppy had an episode of gas last night, I rubbed his belly for about an hour with him on his back in my lap (which he never stands for so it must have felt good!) He still was not feeling well but did drink some water froma bowl. I went to bed about 1am and woke upand checked on him at 6. He seemed better, ate 1/2 of his greens and did eat some hay. There was poop in the litterbox.I went to work and picked up some InfantMylicon (Simethecone.) I just got home, it's a little after 2pm. He seems fine now,eating pellets and everything seems normal.

Myquestion isshould I give him a dose now just in case or as a preventitive measure? He was very uncomfortablelast night and I want to be sure his system is allclearedout.

Thanks for all the knowledge!

I don't know but I would hold him and let him lay on like a warm towel tonight.

I do that and sort of just gently rub Bo's sides when he seems gassy and he just purrs......

of course this is the first time he's molted his tummy hair all at one time..... LOL!

Thanks Bo! I gave my best attempt at a belly rub just now and he was having no part of it. He is a stubborn guy and not much for being held and fondled. He swears last night never happened! "Me, let YOU cuddle me and rub my belly? NEVER."

I'm thinking he is all better and I'll just keep a close eye on him.

Floppys gas is back. I gave him two droppers full of Simethecone. (approx 1.2cc) though I don't know how much of that actually made it in him. He didn't like it one bit. That was about an hour to an hour and a half ago. He is moving around a bit more but still not eating. He is drinking a small amount of water. I gave him a nice belly rub until he was tired of it...

How long should I wait before giving him another dose? I've read that this works rather quickly, and I'm hoping it's not something worse or stasis. :?

Bo seems to be having some gassy trouble too. He wanted tummy rubs ... I noticed his eyes just didn't seem as perky as usual. He loved the tummy rubs and my daughter said.... "MOM! Do bunnies FART?" and I said "YEAH why?" she said "BO JUST FARTED ON ME!"

I hope Floppy farts on you!

;)

It's kinda like the poo thing.

Only bunny people can appreciate this sort of thing.

well horses also - but I don't want them sitting in my lap when they do it. :?

LOL! at this point I hope he farts on me too. This morning he still is not himself. he ran to the cage door when i fed this morning and i was so excited, but he did not take his greens. he is eating hay, and not just laying on his belly anymore. before i leave for work, i'll give him another dose and belly rub. thank goodness i only have 2 - 3 hours work today so i can be with him most of the day.

sorry for the jumbled post, i'm on my pocket pc.

Latest posts

Back