floppy ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234bunnies777

Reaction score
My 2 bunnies had babies they were both lionhead and minilop mixes and both looked way more like lops than lionheads. the babies are about 19 days now it doesnt look like any ears are going to be flopping is it possible that they will stay straight up or do you think they will flop

I dont have any pics but i will soon

They may well stay up but it is still a bit early to tell. Usually by six weeks if they are going to lop they will. For pure mini lops anyway. Whenever we use to cross our lops to non lops we would usually end up with 50% ears up and 25% ears down 25% one up and one down. But I had some not great quality mini lops a few years ago and though both of their ears lopped I bred them together and out of eight babies only three had fully lopped ears, three had one up and one down or airplane ears, and two had straight up ears. I have one of these who runs loose on my farm, she looks just like a wild rabbit, except she comes up to the dogs and cats like she is one of them. Ears are straight up, and she is a Pure bred Mini lop

With my Flop babies, most flopped fairly early. I had 3 that didn't flop for a long time. 2 finally flopped at 6 weeks, and the last one 7. They're 8 weeks old now, and all are flopped. If they aren't flopped by around 8 weeks, I'd say that they probably won't. Patience, grasshopper, patience. :) At least that's what I was told when I was about to have a panic attack when mine weren't all flopped. LOL

Latest posts

Back