Flopping after being seemingly stressed - is that correct?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score

This is super weird behaviour and I don't get it. My son almost always has a bunny on him in the morning while watching TV. He'll get one of the two and have it on his lap, or next to him on his TV chair. Peaches always seems to charge at him during the day like he doesn't recognize him but in the morning he always manages to pick him up (I hardly ever get to pick him up - Peaches never lets me). Anyhow, I'm not sure if Peaches likes this or not. If he hears me coming down the stairs, he looks up and tried to climb into my lap if I approach. He also grits his teeth (like chattering, not the nice tooth purr). I figure he's scared and wants to go back to his cage, so I pick him up (this is the only time he doesn't try to run away) and put him back in his cage - all the while he's still teeth chattering. Once he's in his cage, he flops! Does this mean he liked his morning excursion or that he's thrilled/relieved to be back home? And why whould he charge my son in the day but let himself be picked up in the morning? He's going on 11 years old (my son) is it possible he's letting off strange unrecognizable odors and Peaches doesn't always recognize him? He'll charge me too if I'm petting him when by son comes by but will stop before getting to me, I guess he realizes I'm no threat.

Latest posts

Back