Flop is acting strange

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusselandRoxy

Reaction score
I still have no idea of Flops age so i waswondering if any of this signs could tell around how old he is andiwould also like to know why he is doing it. heres what he likes to do:

- constantly grunt around people and other animals

- run round and round in circles around people and animals and sometimes around nothing

- Sprays everywhere (i know this could be territorial) in hiscage, on beds, all round the house - even outside on the grass

- chins everything (again i know thiscouldbeterritorial)

- and he bites and this really hurts!

- he stinks as well unlike my other rabbits do or ever have

Thanks for anyones help,

Leanne

Sounds like he iscoming into his teen age years , might want to bethinking about getting him neutered , imgoing to guestamate age atright around Six months orbetter. Some males tend to bestinkier than others soundslike he may be more dominatethan some.

gypsy wrote:
Sounds like he is coming into his teen age years , might wantto be thinking about getting him neutered , im going to guestamate ageat right around Six months or better. Some males tend to be stinkierthan others sounds like he may be more dominate than some.

Ya I agree, my Flemish did EVERYTHING on that list, until he wasneutered that it :D It really just sounds like an un-neutered male :)

~Amy

Him running around stuff might show that he wants to play or is happy.

--Is flop litter trained ? If not, that might be your answer
--Grunting and Chinning might just be territorial actions ? not sure
--Maybe he bites because he wants something and is not receiving it,and its possible that he just might not know that his bites reallyhurt, when he bites you say a loud screech and that might help.
--He might just stink because he might lay down on his urine

Im not sure about the age, maybe if you could goto the vet and ask, they might have the answer by lookin at flops teeth.

Ok thankyou everyone, i thought thats what itmight be. No he isnt neutered but we are planning on getting him donesoon - hopefull next month. Do all rabbits go through this coz it didntseem like Russel nor Roxy ever went through this? He isnt littertrained either- i am planning on trying after his neuter asit seems impossible at the moment!

Leanne:)

Paulo wrote:
Im not sure about the age, maybe if you could goto the vet and ask, they might have the answer by lookin at flops teeth.

In earlier posts, we had some very good info posted on telling a rabbit's age by its teeth -- it can't be done.

I've examined many, many teeth (at one show alone, I will examine the teeth of over 200 rabbits!)

I recently compared the teeth of a healthy 6 *month* old rabbit to thatof a healthy 6 *year* old and it was impossible to make a distinctionbetween the two.

Pam

RusselandRoxy wrote:
I still have no idea of Flops age so i was wondering if anyof this signs could tell around how old he is andi would also like toknow why he is doing it. heres what he likes to do:

- constantly grunt around people and other animals

- run round and round in circles around people and animals and sometimes around nothing

- Sprays everywhere (i know this could be territorial) in hiscage, on beds, all round the house - even outside on the grass

- chins everything (again i know thiscouldbeterritorial)

- and he bites and this really hurts!

- he stinks as well unlike my other rabbits do or ever have

Thanks for anyones help,

Leanne

:DLOL......You give the exact description of our buck Benji. Every detail could be him!

Especially this part.........

"- Sprays everywhere (i know this could beterritorial) in his cage, on beds, all round the house - even outsideon the grass"

I'mlaughing soooo hard***tears*choke*giggle*snort***. Benji would spray EVERYTHING. He had a good 10foot range, too!! I'm sure he thought his name was "DUCK!!!!" for a while.

Benji started this at about 5-6 months. After we had him neutered he stopped and his litter habits improved a lot.

Benji is now about 1 & 1/2 years old and is quite the gentlebun :)

~Jim

Romeo did everything you are describing until wegot him neutered. Matter of fact, the spraying is why that happend. Iwas one of his most prized possesions at the time so while I didn'tmind the chinning and circling, the spraying was :shock: lol

Latest posts

Back