Flop has an injured eye.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusselandRoxy

Reaction score
Flop has been outside in the garden, and hassomehow hurt his eye. There is quite a bit of blood around it but theeye itself looks to be ok. I think he has just cut it aroundthe edge - still not sure how. He seems to be ok in himself thoughwhich is good. I dabbed it with a warm, dap cloth which did seem tosting him a bit but he was ok about it. I was just wondering if thereis anything i could do for it or if theres anything i should put on itjust in case. Here is a picture of his eye, sorry its not very good.

Thanks,

Leanne

In the meantime I would put some neosporin onthe sore once its been cleaned out...but be very careful since itsaround the eye. Put a very light coat of it on there....I'drecommend checking with a vet, makes me nervous with it around the eye.

Hi, Leanne, haven't heard from you in a while.How is my little Roxy doing?;)Poor Flop, i'm not sure whatyou can do with theeyebut to keep it clean untillyou can take him to the vet. I hope you can get it treated soon.

I agree, definitely take him to the vet. Rabbitsare very prone to absesses and an absess that close to the eye wouldunnerve me. On top of that, I don;t imagine any injusry t the eye areais good.

ok thanks everyone. The blood has mostly clearedup now anyway but i will be taking my cat to the vet anyway, so i willpop him along to just incase.

Bunny_rules63, roxys doing great. Her and Nibbles are still gettingalong great which is good considering nibbles is entering her teenageyears (touch wood) lol.
I am still hoping to bond them with Russel too but its just finding thetime as i know its a gradual thing, although they do get a long greatwhen they are out together - all the family - mother, father anddaughter:)

I'll let you know how it goes,
leanne :wave:

Poor little Flop.

Let us know what the vet says.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back