Flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chantelnicole

Reaction score
I've been driving myself CRAZY! Everyone seems to have their own opinions about the flooring you should put in rabbit cages.

So what do you think?

I'm building a cage. Wood frame. Wire sides. Up off the ground, pretty long and I will split it into sections. Just like one long row of cages. This will most likely be in the house until I get a setup outside to put my (future) rabbits in.

thanks.

Personally I think solid flooring, something that gives the rabbit traction so they can easily hop about and something soft for the rabbit to sit/hop on (if they don't chew it!) Many people on here use lino, newspaper, fleecy blankets etc. A good idea is to look about in people's blogs to see what they have used in their bunny's set-ups.:)

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what is lino and where I can find it?

I was thinking some type of rubber matting, but if the bunny chews it I would think it would be toxic or not good for their systems.

I use fleece for some, and also every bun has the opportunity to sit in a tray stuffed with hay.

Linoleum (lino)is the stuff that people use on theit kitchen and bathroom floors. It, like rubbing matting, can cause problems if it's chewed. Most floorings can cause problems if chewed, so in a way you almost need to know what your bun/s is/are like before you can decide on the flooring for each particular bun.

I also just wanted to ask wherther you would use wide on the outside sides. If you do have that, and use it outside, it might be drfaty and cold for the buns so it might be worth rethinking that bit.

Latest posts

Back