Flooring suggestions, very excited :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halucinate

Reaction score
Hi reader. This will be my first post on the forums. Although a former bun owner, years ago.. i dont havea bun YET! BUT, ive been looking for.. i guess you can say MY PERFECT BUN :p Ive been talking with a breeder from out of town, and may be purchasing a rex :D the owner told me its a larger breed of rex father, and the mother was only about 4-5 pounds. So idk what im expecting when it comes to size QUITE YET (any input on that would be nice to but not the reason for this post hehe)

anyways, i gotta be inovative. My room is carpet... and i refuse to keep ANY animal caged, let alone one as cute as this, so im gonna craft a floor, for on top of my floor.

Any suggestions for what to use would be great.

Im considering using a decent wood, along almost half of the room, and covering THAT in a sort of 'bathroom tile', but one i can pick out from rona, that gives the bun friction, so he isnt slipping all over. Then, surrounding that portion of the room, with a play pen big enough that the bun cant hop over. (half a room of freedom, 12 hours a day.. and im talking a BIG ROOM) and of course id let him out, but i dont want him pee'ing on the carpet, and till hes trained to use the box it shall do!

but really... im looking for any cost effective ideas for a floor..i hope i painted a vivid enough picture haha. THANKS

not sure if this would help you, but this is what our set up used to be, we got 3/4 board and went to a flooring store and got rolls they discontinued and don't sell anymore, (its cheaper if you don't care how the floor looks) and we stapled it down, then we got spruce 1 inch trim board and put it all around the edges so that the buns couldn't chew the linolium, they really like to chew "edges" we made two of these each were 4x2 feet approx, we used these for pen bottoms, now we just find it easier to sweep up after our buns since now they are litter trained and we got a hardwood floor. good luck!

heres a pic of what i'm talking about, i'm thinking maybe you could make flooring like this? but bigger scale?
rabbits020.jpg

Thank you farmerchick. Yes thats the perfect example of what im talking about. I got the setup i want to do.. intertwined in my head, once i get it done in a few weeks ill have to share how it turns out. My issue is im not trying to literally staple floorboards down.

I just want to cover half of my rooms carpet with SOMETHING. Ive even seen people use those preschool sort of strong rubber puzzle pieces as a base for play time. Im sure ill find something great, my budget isnt TO low. I have the money saved up already, i beleive between 300-450$ is put away. Im just trying to keep enough put away to get him neutered when his time is right :p

My flooring of my cage is a HUGE wooden floor with wooden sides that come up a few inches and its filled with pine pellet bedding/litter for traction. Its kinda like a GIANT wooden litter box. My bunny doesnt poop or pee in it so it works out :)

Latest posts

Back