Flooring for My Rabbit Shed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emacanulty

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am currently redesigning my rabbit shed and I was wondering does anyone have any ideas for the type of flooring I should use. It is just a standard wooden shed and the floors aren't treated or anything making it difficult to clean. I don't really want to use lino as this can rot wooden shed floors.
Does anyone know what other type of flooring that I could use?

Any help is much appreciated

A single cut of textured lino(not the lino stick on tiles) shouldn't result in any rotting if there is no moisture coming from above or below. If the edges are either run up the sides several inches(higher if your rabbits spray at all), or silicone caulk and seal all edges if the lino is cut to meet the wall edge, this should help prevent any moisture seeping under and causing rotting. It's moisture getting under the lino through edges, gaps, and seams that would cause the rotting. So as long as it's a single cut and caulked/sealed, this should help prevent that occurring.

Epoxy coating the floor may be an alternative to protect the wood floor, though do make sure whatever is used is rabbit safe.

Latest posts

Back