flemish giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1981

Reaction score
Sorry for such a dumb question, but is a flemishgiant in the lepus genus? I just wanted to make sure if theyare or not. I want to get one, but am not sure if they areallowed here. Again sorry for the dumb question

Flemish Giants are Oryctolagus, as are all ourdomestic rabbits and the European wild rabbit that our domestic rabbitsdescended from. Belgian "Hares" are not a true Hare and arealso Oryctolagus.

Lepus are the true hares -- our US Jack rabbit, the snowshoe hare as well as the European Hare.

There are a number of other Lagomorph Genera, such as Sylvilagus -- our US cottontail.

Pam

Not a dumb question at all, Hoppy.

I hope you can get one. They're The Best. Great Big Babies - in every sense of how babies act.

-Carolyn

yey, that means that I can get one since theyare not in the lepus genus. I was a little worried since theykind of look like wild hares. All species of lepus areprohibited in the state of Hawaii. I soo want one afterhearing everyones stories. I also like their size.Thank you Pam and Carolyn. :)

Latest posts

Back