Flemish Giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kipcha, thanks for the website, I think I will wait till she gets full grown before ordering one. I have looked at some of the dog harness's and it seems the "back" part goes under the belly instead of along the back, not sure if that would make a difference.

Erin thanks for the chart, I couldn't find one anywhere, lol, the lady I got her from made it sound loke they continue to grow till they are 2 years old, maybe she isn't that knowledgable lol.

Tiny, that is very true about the size and a good point, as w/ my great danes having short life spans my above average size female is going to be 8 towards the end of this year and that is getting old for a dane, maybe it would be better if she stayed on the smaller side so that I can spend more time with her! I also know she will be getting spayed so that her life span doesn't get decreased that way either.

not sure about that chart....i don't over feed my flemish, i actually try to cut back on the pellets so she doesn't pig out. my flemish is 22 pounds at 4 months old, and i know she is really 4 months old because i've seen her/been around her since she was born. she is really active and grows FAST. she isn't fat at all....

i think it has alot to do with genetics. i seen my flemmys mom and dad and they were beaster bunnies. lol

I bought a small dog harness at Tractor Supply for my Flemish. I like it because it is easy to adjust on her body. The head expands to allow the ears to come through and then you can tighten easily.

2448547_set

22lbs at 4 months is NOT your average Flemmie...I'd say that's exceptionally large rather than typical. :muscleman:

My friends who show mini rex, mini lop and Flemmies tell me that at 4 months their kits range in weight from 8 to 12lbs. It's got to be a very individual thing I suppose.

Yeah our girl is about 11 pounds at 6 months old, and her dad was 18 pounds at 11 months old so that seems to follow the chart almost perfectly! Your bun must have some beasting genes!

Thanks Robin, I think I will definitely try a small dog harness then, and thanks for the pics, she looks so cute sporting her little harness.

I thought 22 lbs at 4 months sounded a little big also especially since the average size isn't even quite 22 lbs. when full grown however I know that can vary greatly. The one buck (the lady wasn't sure if he was the father or the smaller buck she had) was HUGE!! He had to weigh over 22 pounds lol, but I got to pet him and just loved him hee hee.

Yeah I have read that average for a full grown flemmie was around 18-20 lbs... yours is huge! But still super cute :) she's about the same color as ours! Kind of a steel color?

Yeah...uhm...tho 20lbs and over isn't unheard of by any means, your average mature doe is generally somewhere around 17lbs with (I think) 14 being the minimum weight....13 for bucks...22lbs period is big, but at 4 months...would have to be some sort of record!

Back