Flemish Giant NIC Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troller

Reaction score
Hi folks. I want to to build a cage who's dimensions are 70in long, 42in wide, and 56in high. My question is that with those measurements is it feasible to make it a condo with two levels or should it be just be a few shelves and an open space? The Flemish Giant will haven plenty of out time, but I still want to make sure the bunny got space in his cage.

Next question, if I do make a floor should ramps be provided, steps, or just let the rabbit jump up?

I am certain you could make it a 2 level condo, but you will need to use dowels for stability and support. Also you will probably need multiple doors, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done.

It might just be my Flemmish, but she doesn't do levels at all. She sticks to the ground and is hesitant to hop up or down.

I dont think Flemmies do too much jumping. They are huge!

I would hold off on the second levels for right now, you can always add as you go :)

My flemish doesn't do a lot of jumping up either and she has plenty of choices to do so. When she was tiny she would jump up and sleep on a 2nd level but only during about the first 2 months of her life. She needs plenty of space to spread out like a frog or in bunny flop position.

My Flemish doesn't care much for jumping either. She prefers just plopping down on ground level and being lazy rather then climbing to anew level.

Back