Flemish Babies Need Homes **RESOLVED**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
:helloThis litter as most everyone knows was a total surprise. I am looking for homes for four of the babies. I want to make sure they go to homes that are owned by bun crazy individuals who love bunnies and will keep them indoors. They will make a great pet.

The babies will not be ready to leave momma for a few more weeks; sometime in late November.

I live in northern Indiana near South Bend. If you are interested please send me me a private message.

The Mother (Sweetie) is a black Flemish Giant doe and the father was there. The breeder wasn't sure which buck wooed her. Two are spoken for, so I have 4 left to find forever loving homes. Sweetie did win Best of Variety last month in a Flemish Giant specialty show. She has a really gentle personality and loves to sit next to you and soak all the attention you can give, hence the name Sweetie. We have been handling the babies to get them familiar with human contact, well its also hard not to hold them.

If I can't find anyone to take them, I will contact the House Rabbit Society who I know will find them a loving home and I won't have to wonder/worry what happened to them.

Thank You
Sweetiesbabies10-16-073.jpg

I wish. :(

How long from now will they need to go to their new home?

I'll be 44 tomorrow. I was telling my mom about those adorable little suprises when they showed up..... and then I told her that they were actually in Indiana......

She said "STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!!" :p

maherwoman wrote:
How long from now will they need to go to their new home?

They will be ready to leave momma in about 5-6 weeks. I'd keep them all but I have a son who refuses to give his bedroom for the sake of the bunnies!:roflmao: Kids now days!:headsmack

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'll be 44 tomorrow. I was telling my mom about those adorable little suprises when they showed up..... and then I told her that they were actually in Indiana......

She said "STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!!" :p
:birthday :woohoo I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Looks like your mom is trying to save you from yourself. But, whats one more bunny!:biggrin2: Having turned 45 this year I have determined I haven't reached my mid-life crisis yet.

LOL! Yeah, one more GIANT bunny that would weigh more than all three of the others put together LOL!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.... it's kinda hard to celebrate now - I don't want to get older !!!

Ugh, I wish my parents hadn't said no more animals. I would take one in a heartbeat.

I sympathize Montana...I grew up in a house where animals were not allowed... at all... for any reason... Rough on a kid that loves animals.... :(

SO now I'm making up for it!!!!!!!! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

LOL! My parents liked animals and we always had a cat or 3 and a dog or 3!

ALSO - I am a couple of hours south of Mr. CuteBabyFlemish, if anyone needs anything..... I'm willing to do what I can.... oh... keep a baby for a night or something..... :biggrin2:

If I could take a doe - I would do so in a heartbeat. (Tiny is neuteredand I would NOT be breeding). However- I can't. Tiny & Miss Bea are the house bunnies and I can't add more free-roaming bunnies.

However, I want to encourage anyone who is considering this - to know that having a flemish around is a WONDERFUL experience. Tiny needs more litterbox training right now (he's gotten too big for his litterbox and he's very interested in marking territory lately for many reasons)...but it is so much fun to have a rabbit come up and nudge you behind the legs and try to get your attention. Tiny is like a big cat or a small dog - only he eats rabbit food...and hay....and craisins.....and bananas....and any cords he can come across.

I love the flemish personality though. Tiny is very laid back (unless he smells a banana) and while he does not like to have me give him a shot or medicine and he will bite my clothes - he doesn't nip me (much) and he is pretty darn patient. He is currently my "office bunny" and he has learned that when I come in to work - I shut the door. So if I come in and set down and haven't shut the door - he can lay in front of it and block me from shutting it - and then I'll have to bribe him to make him move. Or if I have the door mostly shut and he lays in front of it so I can't open it - I have to bribe him.

Meaning? He's smart...he's picked up on that in less than a week.

So if you're reading this and thinking about it and going, "Well...I just don't know if I want a flemish.." - trust me....Flemish are wonderful if you like a laid back bunny to bug you (uh..own you...uh..entertain you).

Oh - and Tiny has not threatened me or bribed me to get me to write this. I write it of my own free will. :biggrin2:

Peg

I agree completly. If you have not noticed I want another flemish. There was something so unique about Sam that I loved.

I never would have chosen a big rabbit but after having her it feels wrong not to have a big bun.

People honestly this is a awesome breed.

XxMontanaxX wrote:
Haha, but you are the boss of your home! You don't have parents who disapprove of house rabbits. :(
Thats right I am the boss - whenever my wife isn't around:biggrin2:. I just had to convince my wife! Once I got two indoors, there was no stopping me! Ha Ha Ha (evil laughter).

Latest posts

Back