Fleece- Urban Myth?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap08m

Reaction score
I could have sworn that I saw on here that fleece blankets make good liners for cages because the rabbits cant chew through them. Am I wrong? Or do I just have a super rabbit that can chew through everything. Any thoughts or suggestions
FB_IMG_13425714635294725.jpg

It's not that they can't chew them.. of course they can!! The reason we use them so much is they don't have strings that can wrap around the intestines and such.

Rabbits can chew fleece. The thing that makes it good is that there is less risk if they do chew it. The fleece won't unravel and there are no loose threads that could become a problem. Also, since there are no fibres sticking up (like a towel), they seem to be less wanting to pull at the fibres. I've had rabbits that will chew towels and pull on the threads, but won't do anything with fleece.

Mine tend to chew tiny holes in the fleese that gradually get bigger over time. It just doesn't pose the digestive tangling risks.

I don't think there's anything short of metal they can't chew :)

Latest posts

Back