Fleece only?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HareToday

Reaction score
More questions from me :biggrin2:

Is fleece the only fabric that is okay to use in with rabbits? I see so many places saying not to use anything but fleece, but also see so many pictures with all types of fabrics being used in cages, including pet beds and stuffed animals.

I used to sew tons of things for my small animal fosters and I want to make some fun stuff for the buns!

I think this is very bun-dependent. My rabbits don't really chew on towels/blankets, etc. They have a sherpa bed (actually supposed to be a small crate mat) that they love. Eventually they dig through it but they don't eat the material. If you do have a rabbit that's a chewer, either no fabric at all, or fleece is safer than a towel because the fibers in fleece don't lend themselves to a linear foreign body.

I think this is very bun-dependent. My rabbits don't really chew on towels/blankets, etc. They have a sherpa bed (actually supposed to be a small crate mat) that they love. Eventually they dig through it but they don't eat the material. If you do have a rabbit that's a chewer, either no fabric at all, or fleece is safer than a towel because the fibers in fleece don't lend themselves to a linear foreign body.

That definitely makes sense!

Back