FLEAS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bammoxx

Reaction score
They aren't on my rabbit, but they could be soon enough if I don't get them off my dog!

My poor little Jack Russell Terrier has got the worst fleas.They just popped up all of a sudden! I've been giving himbaths using flea/tick soap and it will kill the ones on him, butdoesn't prevent new ones from getting to him. I also put someof those flea drops down his back but they don't help. Weeven bleached his pen, killing all the grass, but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get rid of them?

Thanks!

lets take this step by step and see what happens

First what are you usingfor flea drops? areyou using over the counter preperations orAdvantage Or Frontline?

You can always putflea poweder on any and all rugs . wait an hour or2 which ever it says , vacume it upand dispose of the bag and contents , outside not in your waste basket , You canalso add a flea collar to the Vaccumebags.

This has been a very nasty yearfor fleas , I myself have b een at wearwith them for months , I am having a hardtime getting rid of them because I have 2 cats allergic toall flea preperations .

Boric Acid powder , or Diatomatious earthcan also be sprinkled into carpets to popthe fleas. but also must be vaccumed up . weara filter mask while using these2 products , it can cause reactions.( especially ifyou have a Shell Fish allergy)

as with all remedysOVC , prescribed or otherwise ,remove all animals from thearea while applying it . If they becometoo badly infested You may haveto use an over the counter fleabomb . Just be sure to get all animalsout and be prepared to wash weverythingdown afterwards , including rugs.

Frontline Plus is supposed to be one of thebetter over-the-counter medications available to combat fleas at theadult, larval and egg stages.

Pam

I have used frontline and I think it worksgreat.. cause from what i understand if you miss a flea or two in thehouse if it jumps on the pet and bites them it dies.. I jokely asked ifi could treat myself with frontline cause my dog came to me withfleas. Am i correct that you cant use frontline onbunnies though??

Cristy

Latest posts

Back