FLEAS.... :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah92lynn

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take care of fleas on a rabbit and I've googled it multiple times but I can never find a trustworthy product...
I have a flea comb and I've used it a few times but it kind of seems like a lost cause and I hate stressing her out for no reason.
Thanks!

Yep, revolution is one of the only ones safe for rabbits. Take her to the vet and ask for it. That should do the trick!

you need to get the fleas out of the house and/or yarn, anywhere your rabbit can go really, because once the shampoo smell/ toxicity wheres off new ones will find your pet. lots of vacuuming got them out of the house this year. we use essential oils for our animals. even if the shampoo isnt toxic enough to kill a rabbit that doesn't mean that its good to use, (it still kills and your rabbit will lick it off)
essential oils we use:
Lavender, lemongrass, patchouli, and eucalyptus all work against bugs, neem is very good but the oil cant be eaten since rabbits groom themselves its not save but it can be used on say your couch because fleas hide around the house HOWEVER neem doesn't smell the greatest. . . also the oils dont kill, only repel so you need to put your bunnies out to dry.

I just used Revolution for kittens on my little guy. Worked like a charm! He got a few fleas after my family adopted a stray kitten. Just make sure to get the correct dosage :) Good luck!

Latest posts

Back