Fleas....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmfh

Reaction score
well, the dogs have brought fleas home from daycare.... I did a search and found out that I should get revolution. What I couldn't figure out is the dosage. Do I use the whole tube on a 6 lb. rabbit? Do I get regular cat or do I get kitten? Thank you.

6-18mg/kg Revolution is a very safe drug. I would opt for the 18mg/kg dose.

So figure out how many mg are in that tube, and how many mg your rabbit needs, Do the math and use a needle-less syring to suck up the revolution you need and apply to the rabbit.

Depending what your rabbits dose is on the low and high end, and if the mg in the tube is somewhere inbetween just use the whole tube.

I'm going to show my ignorance by saying that I have no idea what mathematical equation you all are talking about. If you could explain it to me.....thank you.

I havent bought it yet just found a flea on her 10 minutes ago. I have a tube of advantage that I use on my rats. It's .4 ml of 9.1% imidacloprid. But if I need to get revolution I will. Aftef I buy it tomorrow I can post again.

Halfway down this page here there is a chart that talks about how many mg of the active drug are in each tube of revoltion depending on the colour of the box.

https://www.revolution4cats.com/default.aspx?sec=Prescribing Information

Your 6lb rabbit is about 2.7kg
So 2.7kg x 6mg = 16.2mg
2.7kg x 18mg = 48.6mg

So your rabbits dose ranges from 16.2mg to 48.6mg

Which means you can safely administer an entire tube of revolution Mauve, Blue, or purple

I would personally select either the Purple dog box at 30mg per tube, or the Blue Cat box at 45mg per tube.

Back