Fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
Should I be applying anything to Bugsy toprevent fleas? The vet didn't think it would be a problem butI was wondering if anyone has encountered this particular issue.

My understanding is that applying preventativetreatment is unneccesary and sometimes dangerous. And if a bunny needsto be treated for flea infestation, you have to be extremely careful asmany over-the-counter medications can be very dangerous.

Matt

I have over 40 rabbits and have yet too seefleas on any of them.we have cats that go in and out of the garage andthey seem too always get fleas.bluebird

Chloe got fleas once and just treatedit then by using a flea comb and them gently rubbing a small amount offlea spry on her skin.

Thanks for the replies. I only ask because myMym complained that she'd been btten by something while at my house andasked if the rabbit might have fleas. I assured her that wshighly unlikely but though I'd check anyway.

She probably got bitten by a gnat - it's so warm here at the moment there's all sorts of bugs flying around that shouldn't be!

Latest posts

Back