Fleas removal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnbunn

Reaction score
:helloSorry for no intro but i need help..I rescue rabbits from time to time. The one i picked up last weekend has fleas. My husband noticed it and we googled it and yup its fleas. Saw a couple on his head. Its really a shame because he's a sweet friendly bunny. Any remedies besides soap/comb or a call to the vet? He was kept in a basement in a ratty caved in metal cage. He's got a nicer cage now he can stand up in and not hurt his feet. No hay for him either. Please help!
Thank You

Advantage for cats, is supposed to be safe to use on rabbits, as is Revolution but that you have to get from the vet. Just do not use frontline(fipronil). It is toxic to rabbits.

I asked the vet I use and they said advantage also. Small cat 4-5 drops and see how the fleas react.

Advantage and Revolution are both good options. Definitely never use frontline / fipronil on a rabbit and I wouldn't use Hartz or the other typical drug store or "natural" brands on any animal.
If you have any other pets in your home you'd be best off treating them too.

He's being kept in the garage which I hate to do. It's not connected to the house. I see him scratching and digging. Bought the advantage Friday. We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully the Advantage works. If it does not, contact the vet for Revolution. I can vouch that it works well. My 2 rabbits got fleas from our dog, and the vet gave me Revolution. She even divided out the dosages for me so I would give the correct amount. I got enough for 2 treatments per bunny, but 1 treatment was all it took. I still used the 2nd treatment on both just to make sure they were completely gone. If I remember correctly, it was not that costly either which was a plus. Good luck!

Advantage and Revolution are both good options. Definitely never use frontline / fipronil on a rabbit and I wouldn't use Hartz or the other typical drug store or "natural" brands on any animal.
If you have any other pets in your home you'd be best off treating them too.

Those "flea and tick sprays" that are Hartz or other brands can be downright dangerous, and so can most of the "natural" stuff. Many pesticides are chemical derivatives of natural plant compounds, and the chemists worked hard to make the pesticide safer (usually), so they're better.

Latest posts

Back