Fleas on my bunny :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnie lover

Reaction score
Please help. My bunny got flees from a cat and I haven’t been able to full get rid of them. She’s a “lion head bunny so super fluffy. Pls if anyone has any tips I’d be grateful and so will she.

What treatment have you tried? Have you been to a rabbit vet for treatment? Has your cat and home been treated with the appropriate treatment (also one's that are safe for your rabbit to be exposed to)?

Yes. I treated her took her to the vet. There’s no other animals anymore. Vet gave me standard flea medicine for cats ect. Obviously i only used the appropriate amount. She still has fleas. I’m looking for any solutions :)

The vets in my area are not helpful they sent me home with the treatment I did it myself. Which I asked them to apply it but they refused idk why :/

Yes. I treated her took her to the vet. There’s no other animals anymore. Vet gave me standard flea medicine for cats ect. Obviously i only used the appropriate amount. She still has fleas. I’m looking for any solutions :)
I believe it was advantage for kittens and I used a small syringe to apply the correct amount.

I would suggest requesting your rabbit be treated with Revolution (selamectin) spot on treatment. It's a little bit better topical flea treatment for rabbits. Though it's important that it's dosed correctly, to be effective. The dose for rabbits is 3x the dose used for cats and dogs. The recommended dose for rabbits is 18mg/kg, and the frequency required can be as little as every 7 days, depending on the severity of the fleas. If getting it from your vet is expensive, you can request your vet call in a prescription to a pet pharmacy of your choosing, online or local.

It's also important that your rabbits environment is correctly cleaned and/or treated as well, with rabbit safe products. If unsure or in doubt about what products are safe for rabbits, it's best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet. If your vet isn't an experienced rabbit vet and it's causing treatment issues for your rabbit, I would suggest checking the link below and also doing some research online, to find a more experienced rabbit vet.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Fleas
https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/

Back