Fleas, and shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckusluvr

Reaction score
Ryo is shedding sooo bad. It does not seem like any brushes I have are working for her. She is shedding so bad I do not even want to pick her up!

And we have been having a flea problem. The yard, house and all other pets have been treated but Ryo. What can I do about fleas on her? I do not recall, but I think I have used advantage on her before.

thanks for reading!

About your shedding bunny, I posted this in a different thread and it might be helpful here.

This seems to be a horrible year for moulting.

You can't make it less because it all hasto come out but you can obviously help it along the way.

What type of fur do yours have? i.e. what breed is the bun?

For mine I just pluck them gently and get most of it out that way.

This link on brushing and grooming might help. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28114&forum_id=17

If your bun is having a mega moult then it is also worth checking you can see new fur growth. If you can then that's probably normal and fine, but massive moulting can indicate problems (such as external parasites, internal parasites, stress, etc)

Ah shedding, it's the time!

For fleas, treat with advantage or revolution (not frontline). There are usually not very bad reactions to these drugs so it's better to treat than to risk re-infecting the whole house and other pets.

After buying literally a dozen different brushes, I found that the Zoom Groom brush was the only one that worked for me and Jack's hair type. I think the Zoom Groom is designed for cats but is 100% soft plastic and is safe. It works wonder for me.

Also, like another person posted earlier - Sometimes you can gently pluck some of it off. This works for me when there is already a new layer of hair underneath the old layer. In the cases where there's no hair underneath, I just leave it alone.

I like the zoom groom too--but bunnies like to chew on it, and some have delicate skin that can't tolerate the rubber.

Latest posts

Back