Flea prevention, solving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
I've heard of using cat flea medicine but i dont even like using it on my animals.

also read on here the yellow listerine.

but was wondering about flea and tick shampoo for cats? vet said i could use cat shampoo to wash them if needed but didnt know if the flea and tick shampoo was harmful on them at all?

Do they have fleas or are you trying to prevent them getting fleas?

um not sure yet. thier not itching but my roomies kitten has fleas and my dog and cat have frontline but i checked them all over and didnt see any yet...but doesnt mean thier not there.

you can use Revolution or Advantage on bunnies but do not use flea bath shampoo or any kindof over the counter products; could be fatal ; Revolution and Advantage can beobtained by prescription only
Frontline will kill a rabbit

well i didnt wanna really use any type medicine like that...so i didnt know if there was an alternate thing.

Personally, if you're concerned that your rabbit has fleas, I'd talk to a vet and work out a plan for treatment.
If you're just talking about prevention, treat your dogs/cats and pray that your rabbit doesn't get fleas.
I think it's too risky to try and treat a rabbit for fleas if you're not even sure it has them.

That said, just last week I saw rex die of flea anemia at our vet before they could get the blood to transfuse to him, but that rabbit was literally crawling in fleas and the people didn't notice until they gave it a bath so it was pretty much a mess when it came in.

missyscove wrote:
Personally, if you're concerned that your rabbit has fleas, I'd talk to a vet and work out a plan for treatment.
If you're just talking about prevention, treat your dogs/cats and pray that your rabbit doesn't get fleas.
I think it's too risky to try and treat a rabbit for fleas if you're not even sure it has them.

That said, just last week I saw rex die of flea anemia at our vet before they could get the blood to transfuse to him, but that rabbit was literally crawling in fleas and the people didn't notice until they gave it a bath so it was pretty much a mess when it came in.
Oh that's terrible !! :(

mk, ill just keep checking them. i know the kitten we rescued had them but not anymore. but im thinking about doing a flea bomb in the apartment and takin the buns out for a day

I agree with what missycove said. Don't use the shampoos on rabbits, and take them to the vet if you see it. Bo B Bunny had a bad experience with flea bombs recently, so she'd know how to use them (and how not to).

Latest posts

Back