Flea Medicine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennuh

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is where this post should go, if not I apologize. When I first got my rabbit, he had a tick problem and was COVERED with ticks. The vet I went to gave me medicine called Revolution and they're gone now. During the warmer months, I like to let my bunny outside, but there have been issues with fleas in my area and I'm worried about it. My mom told me if my rabbit ends up getting fleas he's not allowed back into the house anymore. I talked to the vet about using the Revolution as a precaution and she told me it would be okay. What are your opinions on it? Do you think it would be alright? Also, I know bunnies aren't supposed to get wet or get baths, but I read about people's bunnies liking the snow, is letting my bunny play in the snow for a little bit bad for him?

I think you might get more helpful responses in the Infirmary, so I'm just going to move it over there.

I'm not sure bunnies should be treated preventatively, to be honest.

RE the snow, some bunnies can enjoy it but ONLY for a very short time, and they will need to be dried and warmed afterwards, but I wouldn't suggest it for an indoor bunny because they won't be used to that sort of cold. For my indoor buns I filled a tray with snow and bought it in to them and those who were interested had a play. That worked well.

Absolutely....we use Revolution when we need to and have never had a problem. Doing a pre-emptive is a very good idea if your rabbit is going to outside any at all. I think your vet advised you correctly.

Randy

I use revolution as a preventative during the summer.

Back