FL Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked to see if the vet posted in 2012 by Tam O Ham is still in business and doing bunnies "I'll call later today if I get a chance" ... however I did call yesterday to Blue Pearl Vet on the way to take my mom for her cancer treatment and they don't cater to buns but they did give me the name of a vet who does do buns who apparently not but maybe 30 minutes from me here in Fort Myers, Florida (239) Area code as follows:

Medlin Exotic Animal Medical Services (MEAMS)
Dr. Scott Medlin

14361 Metropolis Ave, #2
Fort Myers, FL 33912
Phone: (239) 989-8860

Avian, Reptile and Bunny Vet | Exotic Vet Fort Myers

Hours:
9AM - 6PM Monday - Friday

He serves FORT MYERS, FL - LEE, CHARLOTTE, AND COLLIER COUNTIES.

He has quite a bit of experience with many bunnies including but not limited to spaying and neutering.

Its $69.99 for the office visit and mandatory initial exam to check him out and be sure he is okay, good for procedure and all that and the surgery for a male bun is $179.99 I think is what she said, so basically I am looking at $250. My husband is preparing for a very serious neck surgery where he will be down for several weeks and when he is done with the recovery time I may very will be making an appointment (seen by appointment only) for Peanut if not before. I will for sure come back and give an update of how things go if that is the case and I use this vet.

Additionally Dr. Medlin has a care sheet he wrote and posted on his site that I found very informative and if he is as good with bunnies as I have been reading he is then perhaps there is lots of tidbits of info that any new bunny owners here could learn from. The dos and don't of owning a bunny.
the link directly to that care sheet is: https://www.meams.vet/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Rabbit-Care-Sheet-MEAMS.pdf

@BunnyMommaDrea , Please keep us posted. The costs above were in the ballpark of our experienced DVM clinic.

Best wishes for successful surgery for your husband. I understand the care and time involved with all medical priorities in our families.

Gainesville Rabbit Rescue might be able to make suggestions (even if they are further away).

Back