Fixing the height issue (CAGE)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyBunny

Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm having trouble with helping my rabbit learn how to get out of his elevated cage on his own and being carried terrifies him. I have ordered another cage for him today that will be his new base as a free roaming house bunny. He has been keeping tidy for the most part. The largest problem we face is his inability to get in and out of his cage. This is the floor cage I got to remedy the situation. It will also probably work well if we should need to travel with him.

I bought the largest size, the one that is 47' long.
http://www.rabbitcages.com/acorn-s-abode-rabbit-cage.html

Hopefully that will work out as a good solution for you. Doors that open to make a ramp like that one always make me nervous that a foot is going to get caught. If I were you I would either rehang the door (should be simple enough with a pair of pliers) so it opens up and then clip it up with a carabiner clip or cover the wire on the door with something more solid.

The local dollar store here sells a set of small dog stairs that are carpeted for around 15 dollars. I wonder if that would help him with his anxiety.

I have a very similar cage to that. I do agree with Christina about the door being a little scary. I'm about to change to door on my cage for my baby bunny. That cage is a great base for a house rabbit. It was good for my bun to stay in for a few hours a day. I keep my cage door open almost 24 hours a day but i felt fairly comfortable leaving her in the cage yesterday all day.

What if you made a ramp out of wood? I made one for my new cage. My ramp is over 60" long though (so that the rabbits could get up to a cage that was 2 grids up).

I've done both ramp and steps...he is afraid of it. He takes one look down and turns around.

I will hold on to the cage because it would be a good base for another house rabbit who isn't afraid of heights.

I know he will its also about 17 inches longer so he's gaining some sq ft :) Maybe that was his angle....it's actually a huge cage as far as pre-made. It's 47 inches long. That's pretty impressive for a plastic bottomed indoor cage barring NIC which can be as big as you can dream!

Wow NICE, The hutch we just ordered is 45 inches long and we built another 45 inch long extension for double the room.
Sounds like he should be VERY happy in his new cage!

Latest posts

Back