Fixing Bucks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
How old are Bucks when you canget themfixed? I am getting Buster done very soon in the hope to put back withDaisy, but I also want to get Snowy fixed too. At 10 Weeks old I knowit is too young. I am just curious as towhat ageavet would neuter them.

Vickie

Does can get pregnant at 12 weeks of age.I'msure that also means the bucks can get a doe pregnant at12 weeks. It would be recommended to keep them separated from aroundthen until the time of them being fixed or you may end up with babies.

Hi Vickie,

Done with your baby booming for now?

By 8 weeks old, littermates begin demonstrate instincts such asbreeding and their marking their territory. Bucks will chase theirsisters. Rabbits can mate and have a litter without being a full-grownadult.

One of the weaning processes (anywhere from 5-8 weeks; with manybreeders starting at 6 weeks) starts with separating the young bucksfrom their sisters.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Done with your baby booming for now?

For now LOL!

Seriously though I agree a pregnant young doe would be terribletraumatizing for the little one. Although Snowy now is on his own andSiobhan kept the 2 survivingfemales.

The tiny babies (or not so tiny now) will be 8 weeks in 1.5 weeks andthat is when they are going to their new homes. I'm sure gonna miss mylittle ones, the housewont be the same without babybuns .

Vickie

Well, you and I can go through it together then, Vickie.

Buck Jones will be picking up Calbert and Missy (his rabbits) from me just around that time.

At least it's not today!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back