Fiver's acting odd...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Fiver's acting really freaked out...and I don't know if he's just not feeling well still from his surgery a week ago tomorrow, or if it could be from our escapade the other trying to pick him up to look at his "nots" as we're now calling them.

To explain: the other day (Saturday), we tried to pick him up, and he FREAKED OUT and wouldn't come near us for us to try again. He wouldn't even go in his carrier for us to try picking him up (by taking the top off and tossing a towel on him)...and he's STILL laying off in a corner, hiding from us as best as he can...and then tonight, laying in his litterbox, which I've not seen him do.

So, I wonder...could him being a rescue bunny bring about his reacting this strongly? I've lifted his front legs (with him being all panicked yet again, but Mama had to check to be sure he was okay), and he looks absolutely fine. Still a bit of swelling, but no more purple-ness and nothing is open or infected looking. He's been stretching out here and there during the day, but then tonight started hiding again.

Also, he's eating hay & pellets and drinking plenty of water...

Any ideas on what's going on, guys?

Could this just be a behavioural thing? Could he still be in that much pain? Could him being such a recent rescue trigger such feelings of fear as I'm seeing?

I'm so worried for my baby...:tears2:

I hope Fivey is okay! Poor baby, amazing how good they are at getting their mamas to worry. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon.:hug:

Okay...false alarm...I think I was just buggin' him when he was super tired, or somethin'...because he's just like my usual Fiver, coming over for kisses and love...

*sigh of relief!!*

Glad to hear the Fiver is okay. Gingivere can be a bit like that at times - distant, not wanting to be bothered. In fact, she was so docile yesterday that I thought for sure she was getting sick. But then she flew down the hallway to chase her cat friends. She just wasn't interested in playing with me.

Glad to hear, too, that Fiver is healing from his surgery. Capt Snow let me know that it was undignified to have one's "nots" stared at so closely. Silly boys!

Give Fiver and the crew bunny snuggles for me.

-Mary Ellen

As I suspected. He's mama's little buddy!

I would think that he's having just a little bit of trust issues since his carrier took him to the vet, and you keep looking at his nots. Might be he thinks "ok, they feel better, are they going to take me again?" LOL!

Plus, you have a bunny!!!! Bunnies are notoriously freaking us out! :?

Haha!! Too true, guys.

His nots look just fine...he's probably wondering why the heck I keep looking! Hehe!! Poor guy...I know it's undignified...and I feel horrible doing it (and I let him know that, too), but hey, it's gotta be done. I think with how wonderful they look now, I'll relax about that.

But, yeah...he's definitely a Mama's Boy! He's come around to being himself again, and bounding (carefully) over to say hello when I walk by...:D

And Bo B Bunny...you're so right...sometimes I think bunnies each have their own natural ability to freak out their slaves! :rofl:

:biggrin2:

He probably just doesn't like being picked up, my BunBun is still like that and he's been with me for more than a year now :). He loves cuddles and floor time, just likes to keep his feet firmly on the ground.

He hates being picked up so much, that I have to be really careful he doesn't run up over my shoulder and leap off my back if I do pick him up :?.

Oh wow, Michelle...poor guy...I really hate having to pick them up, because I know they hate it that much...but we mama's (and daddies) gotta do what we gotta do!

BIG KAHUNAAAAA!!!!! Hehe!!

Latest posts

Back