Five New Baby Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel17

Reaction score
So over the course of Thursday and yesterday I have three baby lionheads and two new holland lops, I was wondering when the soonest you can touch them is. I will try to keep guys updated on them, I can't take many pictures so I'll try my best.

Ok, Thanks, the moms don't seem to over protective, I was just wondering because my mom told me I shouldn't touch them until they are two weeks and that seemed like a long time because they grow pretty fast. I think she was thinking that because of cats...

I've read that its a good practice to pet the mom for a bit just before handling the babies...it reassures her and gets her scent on your hands so the babies sense a familiar smell. I had good success with this method (or maybe it would have gone just as well without it?) with a litter my Sophia just had.

Also, post pics of your babies!

I've read that its a good practice to pet the mom for a bit just before handling the babies...it reassures her and gets her scent on your hands so the babies sense a familiar smell. I had good success with this method (or maybe it would have gone just as well without it?) with a litter my Sophia just had.

Also, post pics of your babies!

Ok, I'll try my best, I don't have a camera very often so I'll try! And thanks for the advice! Like I said, my mom thinks your supposed to treat them like kittens... she just doesn't understand that kits and kittens are two different things (not necessarily) Rabbits are different than cats! Lol... she can't seem to get that through her mind.

And it's important to get them used to being handled and socialized--cuts down on problems later. We've inheirited a few that weren't handled and it took a long time to get them to a user friendly state.

Yeah, I've had that problem, but now most of my rabbits are very friendly and you can basically do anything you want with them (with consideration). I only have problems with one rabbit.

Latest posts

Back