First visit to the Vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilfly

Reaction score
Hi,

Sam is 10 weeks old, i'v had him for 2 weeks. Should I take him to theVet for a check up? Just to check everything is ok and see aboutvaccinations and neutering and when this should all happen.

Also, this morning just after i had put his food out he licked the edgeof the bowl and the wire at the front of his hutch for ages. Any ideasy?

-Gillian

ours lick at or bite the cage bars (particularly the door) when they want to be let out :)

Welcome aboardGilfly,

The main vaccinations are:
(1)Vaccination against RHD (Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease)
(2)Vaccination against Myxomatosis

and your rabbits are required to get them in the UK. You'll have to check with a vet to see when they should get them.

Can't think of any particular reasons why you'd have to get your littleone checked at this stage, unless he's not eating or there are signs oftrouble. Licking to bowl and wire isn't odd forrabbits. You should check out the post above called "TopPicks". In there, there's a link to "A Cheat Sheet for RabbitCare." There's notes, recommended books, and web links tovarious different sites. Be sure to takea look atthe Language of Lagamorph link. I'm sure you'll find it funand informing. :)

-Carolyn

vhd and mxyamitosis injections need to be donethe vet will usually recommend mxy first and then u have to have thevhd injections 2 weeks later as they wont normally do both at the sametime. Depending on how high risk ur area is these need to bedone every 6months (high risk) - 12 months (low risk). HTH

Latest posts

Back