first vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
I finally found a good vet in NYC as recommended by HRS. Kirby's neutered so he's been to a vet before but I sure haven't! this exam visit will cost me $85. Is that normal or high for a vet visit? I tend to think everything is more costly in the city so I think it's kind of an ok price to pay. Anyone have insight on vet visit prices?

It's ok so far you can check around for prices.

I have been if bunnies need Rabies shots, wouldn't that be stressful for the bunny?

Maybe do some research? I've never heard of myself of a rabbit needing rabbies shots... Rabbits aren't really a carrier of disease unlike mice.. Rabbits aren't common to go around in the sewers or places where u could get a disease like rabbies from... I don't think rabbits get shots on a rgular basis or need it as much as other pets which are more improne to things like dogs.

It looks like in Europe they get shots for VHD and Myxi. N/A and Europe have differnet shots for all pets too.

Our vet charges $46 for an office visit per bun.

I don't think rabbits are much of a concern as far as rabies goes. They would have to be in contact with a carrier (bite wound, most often). If the rabbit is not left outside where common carriers, such as raccoons, are, I don't think there is much to worry about! :)

Latest posts

Back