First time having someone bunnysit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonrain

Reaction score
My landlord is having people come into my apartment this week coming up to paint the walls and fix up some problems I've been having (basically my apartment is falling apart, I can't wait to move!). So since I have class and work all day, I decided that I don't really feel comfortable having strange people come into my apartment with my rabbits in there when I'm not home. It's a very small apartment and is going to pretty much be full of strange people doing work. And I'm sure it's not all that good for them to be breathing in paint and such.

Soo I guess I'm going to have my brother watch them for like 3 days during the week then I'll come pick them up again friday. He knows how to take care of rabbits and everything, and I'm sure my boys will be fine. But I'm going to be freaking out! I've never had anyone else watch them before, no matter how well someone takes care of them, it's never as good as I do ;) Plus I'm use to playing with them for hours and hours a day and now I won't even see them for 3 whole days! This is going to be horrable for me!

Not to mention that I have to pile all my stuff up in the middle of the rooms and leave everything I own in there with a bunch of people I've never met before. They can't even tell me for sure what days they're coming, so I have to have everything ready for them tomorrow even though they might not show up till wednesday or thurs. Can you tell I'm not a very trusting person? This is going to be the worst week ever! I can't wait till the end of the week when I can put all my stuff back where I want it and have my bunny babies back with me!

I hope they do well! I know I hate leaving for a day and the bunnies being here alone!

Aww no, sounds very stressful! I was exactly the same as you, we went away just overnight at christmas, and my mum was coming in to check on them twice a day. I knew she'd be alright doing it, and I left her 4 pages of instructions, butI was still so worried I almost wanted to turn round and go back halfway there! I'm sure they'll be fine though, as you say, your brother knows how to look after rabbits... :)

Can you not go over there in the evenings or something to see them and set your mind at rest that they're ok?

Thanks for the replys :)

I missss my babies! I keep forgetting that they're not here and going to say hi to them, but their cage is empty...it's so depressing. I think I'm driving my brother crazy calling 6 million times a day to ask how they're doing, but he says they're fine. Little brats probably don't even miss me. Everything here is sapose to be all finished and cleaned up by Thursday morning, so I'll be going to get them either Thursday night after work, or Friday. I can't wait to see them again, this week can't go by fast enough!

Latest posts

Back