first time bunny owner- some ? about my adopted bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi and congratsonthe new rabbit , I would love to see afull picture of her if you can manage it, I am trying to figure out what breed she may be, From a distance she looksvery nice , and we are all picture hounds here, we love seeing everyone Rabbits.

Thanks , when I first sawher picture in the cage myinstant thoughwas Palomino / Chin cross , she has the face ofa chinchilla but not knowing herweight its hard to tell , especially if it is the samepicture of your avitar , thereshe doesnt look like either , lol

attachment.php

Sheis definately a very pretty girl .

i don't know how much she weighs...but she isthe size of a full grown cat so I don't think she can be partchinchilla...she has very soft fur with a kind ofwhite'downy' fur near her neck, and a white tummy. dunno ifthis helps...will post better pix soon.

Laura wrote:
Itis best to spay her because she will most likely develop uterine canceras she gets older.

You said she's about a year old, right? That's a good age tospay. It may be a little costly. I paid $200 formine, but it's worth it.

There are lots of good threads here on the subject. Just typespay or neuter in the search box above and the information will popup.

Do some research and find a good vet who is rabbit savvy and your bunny should be fine.

Laura
should you wait until theyre a yr old? when is the best time to get a bunny spayed?

she is very cute! i might have just missed it, but what was her name?

Carolyn wrote:
ariel wrote:
Carolyn may come up with an idea for a ramp,once when Buck Jones was visiting her he built a ramp so she may haveideas.
Welcome aboard!

This is the ramp Buck Jones built for Tucker and Fauna. It'sjust a piece of plywood with some carpet on it so that the rabbitsdon't slide down it, but can grip it on their way up anddown. It has two little hooks so that it hooks right onto thecage.

-Carolyn

I need an idea close to this but would like it to go off to theside a bit, then a platform, then a aramp with the platform at thefront. I say this because the cage is pretty high off the ground and itmight be easier for her to climb up. Any ideas? I like using thecarpet. Sorry, just thought that ramp looked great!

ya the carpet is a good idea.how about puttingsome kind of wall around the ramp (or make a tunnel- i dunno if theywould go through it)

i named her Bruiser...hehe

here are some better pics, maybe someone can tell what breeds she is?

She is so adorable! Hehe. Her markings is thesame as my little netherland dwarf (Hmm I wonder if her heads the sizeof Pepsi's body? Lol!). She sort of looks like a chinchillagiganta/flemish. Hwo much does she weigh?

i really dont' know how much she weighs, Ihaven't been able to really pick her up and get a feel of it.but she weighs as much as a full grown cat would weigh...

good call on the chinchilla giganta thing, I looked up a pic of one andshe has the exact same head, the low tummy, and the long fur at herpaws. But she is also something else, as her ears are longer,and her coat is lighter. I looked up the flemish rabbits andthey seem to have almost the same ears...

so is everyone in accord with chinchilla giganta/ flemish?

aw, i think she's warming up to me. She licked my hand and nudged it when I was petting her. how cute.

http://www.ffc.asso.fr/races_lapins/grand-chinchila.JPG

Oh you are so lucky to have discovered rabbits!.She is so lovely! Why don't you get a few litterboxes. One for in thehutch and several others for wherever you may take her. I use large catlitterboxes because they have plenty of room to sit in them if youplace hay at one end she can sit in her box and eat. She is so verylucky that:elephant:you found her.

HI :

I wouldnt say Giant Chinchilla as they weigh a lotmore than a normal size cat , But she definately hasthe face and head set of a Standard Chin , which willweigh about 10 lbs fulll grown , I have a pictureofa standard Chin somewhere in PhotoBucket Iwill track it down and post it backin this thread as soon as I can locate it .
now.jpg

This is Jane she weighs 11 lbs , and is aStandard Chinchilla . lol and yes shehas very longears , they do like plenty of excerciseso be warned . but they are also verysweet rabbits.

oh wow she looks almost exactly like my rabbit! so is she just a full standard chinchilla?

I know she likes excercise :) I've been letting her runaround my room for a few hours each day and she loves to dart aroundand get into all sorts of trouble, hehe. and she really likesto be petted.

Latest posts

Back