First Litter of Lionheads born this morning!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnms06

Reaction score
Several members have helped and answered questions throughout this process so I just wanted to post pics of my first lionhead litter for everyone to see!

photo.php
This is the first time to post a picture so hopefully I did it right.

Both parents are torts so I'm pretty sure all the babies are also they all look similar but some have darker ears or darker spot??! Please share your opinion! :big wink:

Also please feel free to post pictures of your lionhead babies. I would love to see
them also

BabyBunnies.jpg

photo.php
moz-screenshot.jpg

Oh and they are only in the bowl for the picture! They are already quite the little movers! :)

Hard to see their colour with them piled on each other lol but it looks like a REW on top with it being all pink and white. The darker shading on the ears would be tort I would assume but I am by no means an expert lol. I am sure as they grow and get a little fuzzier with clear pics of them you will get the help you need in figuring out colour.

lol yeah it is hard to see them pilled like that but what can I say they already like to cuddle! :)

Here is their Day 2 picture they are more spread out in this one. I don't know how people get these pictures of the babies all lined up perfectly in a row!!! These little one like to bounce around!
They are also darkening up the one that didn't have any dark spots on it now has darker spots.

BabiesDay2.jpg

Here is their Day 3 Photo! Getting bigger and furrier at this point you can definitely tell they are all DM. And they are looking tortlike to me. lol

To Countrybuns: Both parents are tort now black tort I don't know... I've recently realized there are different colors of tort. Both are brownish the doe however is darker than the buck but I'm not sure if it is because the buck is younger. I'll post pictures of mom and dad later today and maybe we can clear that up! :D

26bd8e39.jpg

I think what matters is the fur that isn't that brownish colour in figuring out which colour of tort...I could be wrong hopefully someone who is more experienced can help you better than me but for example a black tort will be black with that brown where as a blue tort would be blue with the brown ect. I have a blue tort coming to me this sunday but the lilac torts are my fave!

Both parents should be black tort then because while one is lighter both are really dark on ears and nose and stuff. If anyone has a picture of the other color torts I would love to see them.

Here are theparents pictures.

This is Amber (we call her Abby) Her coat is usually prettier when she hasn't pulled it all out for her babies!

9c2a0b19.jpg

This is Christopher he is younger than Abby and is still loosing some of his baby fluff also his ears aren't as long as they look in this picture! Bad angle for him. :)

a1e57b07.jpg

Here id the Day 4 Picture! They are getting more fur and now one of them is significantly lighter than the rest. Does anyone think it will be a different color? maybe a different color tort?? It is the 4th on in line oh and yes I finally got them in a line! lol

dd675ac1.jpg

Also here is a pic of their nest every time I go in there Abby has added more fur! I don't see how she has any left!

5f4045bd.jpg

Latest posts

Back