First litter of babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:

I may be reading this wrong - but here is the impression I'm getting:

"I would rather kill my pet (by eating her) than have something donewhich would keep her from getting cancer - which she has an 85% chanceof getting if she doesn't have the surgery."....or in other words, "I'drather eat her than have a surgery that could keep her healthier foryears.."

Got it.

Peg
That is EXACTLY what I got out ofit...and yet I am the rudeone.....

Amy,

Anyone who has been on this board knows you weren't rude. Youwere concerned and expressing your concern....for which I was grateful!

I have a hard time picturing you ever being rude - even when yourant! You're always more polite than I am....even though Itry to keep my temper in check on topics about breeding...

Peg

Thank youPeg

I think sometimes people don't understandmy views on breeding. So I shall state them.

I have NO problem with breeding, but that statement comes with a catch.

I have no problem with people breeding IFthey know what they are doing BEFORE they breed.

I have no problem with breeding if theyare doing it because it is something they love and they are reallypassionate about it.

Ihave a problem with it whenpeople think that their doe just needs to get pregnant so she canexperience motherhood.

I have a problem with it when they are using the doe to "Make Money".

I have a problem with it when they justwant some babies around, and they just hope nothing goeswrong.

I have a problem with it when they justfeel like breeding and seeing what happens, not caring what happens tothe kits.

I have a problem with it when people selltheir babies to random people, they ask no questions they just want themoney.

I seriously could go ON and ON, but I wont.

What really irks me off is when they thinkthey will be making a little cash off of the babies.

Here is my gains and losses this year....

Had a litter of 5 babies.....

At 2 weeks they all had to go to the vet for a check up = - $60

At 4 weeks one of the babies had to go in for a check up = - $35

Sold 3 babies for $30 each =+$90

Another baby had a spinal injury and was brought to the vets = - $200

Then the baby passed away. :(

So in all I made a whopping - $205

I am 16 years old ok, I onlymake $100 a week, and %50 of the money I make goes to therabbits.

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!

~Amy

Amy, as usual, you're right.

But, in this person's defense, perhaps he/ she is feeling their loss ina way we cannot fathom. We all feel a little guilty with the loss ofour animals - "I woulda, coulda, shoulda...."

My concern here, as I am sure is everyone else's, is to keep thisposter stays here, so that she / he might learn some more and ensurethat the remaining 2 buns come out ok!

I know how beneficial you ALL have been for me!

All of her babiesdied (I believe), for which I feel horrible. I lost my two babies aswell :( So I do know how she feels. But the rabbit came to thempregnant, so is there really a reason to rebreed?

What if the same thing happens? Do you really want to go through it again?

I do not want to pushanyoneaway from this forum, that was not my intent, I wouldNEVER do that, ever. But I felt like this person wasnt as informed (asare MANY people that come on this board) about breeding as he/shecouldbe.

And I always speak my mind, andthat was what came out, and I am not taking back anything I saidbecause it was just facts.

Like I said I have NO problem withbreeding, but this person was asking the most simple questions aboutit. So why shouldnt I assume that she didnt know about breeding.

And it really irks me that she wouldrather eat her pet then spay it, what the heck is up withthat????!

~Amy:?

Amy, I really couldn't have agreed with you morewith respect to this issue. We're in the same corner for sure, myfriend.:) No matter how wonderful buns are, the world doesn't need moreuneducated, uncalculated births.

You're also right that there seems to be a tremendous number of thesefirst time "breeders" on lately. I still don't know much about buns,but I do know that there are too many already out there.

No, I think she has two remaining buns, the mama and one remaining kit, who wasn't acting right. Perhaps, I'm wrong though....?

Sorry about your loss.

Latest posts

Back