First kiss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Mopsy gave me a kiss!!! First time in the almosttwo years we have had her. I guess she really likes the newcage. She goes up to the top story for treats, lounges on the2nd story and uses the bottom floor for eating, pottying,etc. I was putting treats in her cage (afew craisins) and she just came over and licked my hand. Ialmost fell over out of shock. She has never been anaffectionate bunny due to the rough start she had. Whileshe's never bitten or nipped she's just always prefered to be leftalone. So what a shock!!!!!!!!!

Oh, YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!!! :D

:elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors:

:highfive::inlove:Don't those kisses make youfeel just so much more in love with your bunnies? That's soterrific! Did you build her a new home, or buy one?We're thinking of doing the NIC cube cage for Pumpkin.Anyway...congrats on the kisses!

We built her a new one out of NICpanels. It's not huge per level (only 1panelx2panels). But it is three levels high. She is notan active bunny. She never has been in all of the time wehave had her. She seems to freak out if she is in too largeof a space. I open her cage for her to run aroundand she won't. She just stays in her cageShe will come out for a pet or two but goes backin. She has always been like this so we just loverher like she is. She was a rescue in the extreme.We lived in a complex of apt's and townhouses. We weregetting ready to move when my kids told me about a friendly bunnyhopping around the complex. I went to go see and sure enoughthere she was. So we invetigated into why she was loosehoping maybe she'd gotten out and we could return her to herowners. I found the woman who owned her and talked to her andher boyfriend. She had gotten two buns for easter and they"were cute and cuddly but now they're a huge pain in the***" They were only 4 months old. Thepeople turned them out cause "coyotes need to eattoo". Well the one had already been taken in bysomeone and we took Mopsy to find her a good home. I tried tofine one and just never found one that we thought was suitable so sheis now part of our menagerie going on almost 2 yearsnow. Total we have 3 dogs (rott, golden ret, androtten shepherd), 2 cats, Mopsy, a guinea pig and 3 gerbils in need ofritalin. But what can you expect from gerbilsnamed, (excuse my spelling) Shadrack, Meshak, andAbendago. 15y/o got their names from his Biblelesson. He wanted Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, but Iwouldn't let him get a 4th one.

:)My one bunnie Brownie (mini lop) is alwayslicking our hands or face since I took him in. I had a homebase teacher that was looking for a home for him. The ownerhad two young sons, but she was afraid the youngest child (18months)wouldunintentionally hurt thebunny. And my Holland Lop use to lickmyhusband and I in the hand or face until she reachedpubitary.Then she hit pubitary and didn't like tobe held anymore, however, she is becoming loving again.However, she has a mind set that she is the "top bunny" over the otherfemale and male (Trouble) rabbits.Fawn foughtwithFloppsy (they were friends untilthe hormoneskicked in). I don't dare put her with Brownie. Shedidn't fight withTrouble but liked to chase him and ride himon his head to show her dominance. Fawn is a HollandLop.

:bunnydance:

She's turning into a regular riot. Herold cage was wire bottomed. The new one is not itscoroplast. My son puts newspaper or pieces of brown bags onthe bottom to make clean up a bit easier. And my darling bunhas to redecorate. He cleans the cage and puts thepaper nice and neat and she shreds it and moves it. She madesuch a paper mess the other day that he figured he'd get in trouble fornot cleaning her cage so he took it out and put new paper down and sheimmediately redecorated.

LOL! It sounds like Mopsy is finally showing hertrue character :D. First kisses are always special, but I think yoursmust be extra sweet, having waited so long :). She's a very lucky girlto have found you.

Jan

Latest posts

Back