First Bout/Scrimmage Impromptu Flyer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So we have our first scrimmage next Sunday against a team outta Houston, 2.5 hours away. We are a broke as a joke start up league, so we couldn't afford a real graphic artist to make us a bout poster just yet, so I made ours on a simple program I already had.

It's nothing fancy...but im kinda proud of it, and proud of our accomplishment of getting this far, wicked excited.. and ready to roll out..

Side story.. when we set this up 3 months ago, we scheduled this around a few league members dance competitions, and April 11th was the only open date. My previous team had not posted their schedule yet...

You guessed it.. they have a game same night...20 miles up the road. The jumped the gun, and wanted to get the market cornered on the derby fans when we got popular..and signed a contract with a local venue thats charging them $1000 a bout. Their ticket price is $15 and you have to buy your booze there, ours is $5 and BYOB. We get half our ticket money back, half the concessions and all our merchandise profits. We have people complaining because we can only pack 400 in our venue plus 70 skaters and staff for 2 teams..

As for my old team.. they been posting this everywhere..

"Our tickets are now buy one get one half off, PLEASE repost and tell a friend, do a search for us on the ticketmaster website and PLEASE support your local roller derby Southeast Texas"

Sounds Desperate eh?

Well don't be jerks to girls that wanna skate with you, lay off the ganja, and stay out of the bars and you'll get a bigger fanbase.

Do I have a smug look on my face?

Yes I do.

Without further ado...

aprilflyer.jpg

Very nice and yea the other team sounds a tad desperate.

You?

Smug?

At least we know this will bring in $$ for your team to work on whatever you need.

By the way - I was talking to Ali about how I'm toying with going and supporting you at that big bout you're having - and she about died laughing at "conservative" Peg walking into a derby event.

Do I HAVE to dye my hair pink so I won't stand out?

I am not so worried about there reaction to you. I have heard they are very welcoming to everyone. I am thinking more of your reaction. :p

JadeIcing wrote:
I am not so worried about there reaction to you. I have heard they are very welcoming to everyone. I am thinking more of your reaction. :p
Hey - I'm prepared. I watched "Whip It" twice....and loved it - even the costumes.

TinysMom wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Hey - I'm prepared. I watched "Whip It" twice....and loved it - even the costumes.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Omg Peg I died laughing!!

I am seriously waiting for a derby league to start up in Iowa. I'd love to go watch (I am a wuss and could never actually DO it). Thank you Whip It! LOL.

Peg- if you decide to go..let me know.. we have limited tickets for friends and family. I have nobody coming (dead parents) and all my friends skate..so I was like"uh what am I gonna do with my tickets"....

As for the pink hair...coach dyes his goatee pink...you'll fit right in.

I can do your makeup like mine..lol..neon pink eyeshadow and heavy glitter.. lemmie see if I can find a pic.

Hahaha found it.. I have it labeled on my FB as "Ever wondered what I would look like as a goth steampunk victorian streetwalker rollergirl?"

26471_1235718769407_1122332608_3054.jpg

You'd look lovely with this ensemble Peg..lol..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Peg- if you decide to go..let me know.. we have limited tickets for friends and family. I have nobody coming (dead parents) and all my friends skate..so I was like"uh what am I gonna do with my tickets"....

Oh so I am not welcome to come I am so there if hubby has to call in that day so be it. although Jessi spay is that friday she should be ok for a few hours.

Please shoot me a PM of the address we are coming.

So ten buck for me and hubby right?

I just tried to call you. Call me back later.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Oh I can't come to this bout - its the BIG one where you're going up against your old team.

That's the one I'm thinking about getting Art to take off from work so we can go to it and support you.

I'm even old enough I could almost pass as your mama...should I bring a cane and weakly yell out "Go girl.."???

Seriously though - I would like to be at the match where you cream your old team...it will be worth the drive to see you in action.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'd go with the pink Peg. You can buy some of the stuff that washes out quickly. I know everyone would LOVE to have pictures of that, LOL!!!
You know something...I just might do that....or blue or purple or something.

I'd have to make sure it washed out quickly though....VERY quickly...like before I return to work that next week.

I'll just go early and let Zin do my makeup...(which is hilarious because I almost never wear makeup).

Seriously though - I do want to go to the "big match" where Zin goes against her former teammates.

I haven't convinced Art to go yet (haven't really mentioned it to him) - but I may have to look at the calendar and get it set up so he can have a couple of days off...

I want pink hair I want pink hair. LOL

No I wish peg can make it I will be there.

Zin what time would I have to leave Galveston to get there by 6 30?

Bring my skates, shirt and other shirt.

Kat-

I forgot to call you back.. I went on a dinner date, then shopping then darted into Clash of the Titans in 3D...

I sincerely apologize.

And I have no idea on the time frame...I will ask around though...

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Kat-

I forgot to call you back.. I went on a dinner date, then shopping then darted into Clash of the Titans in 3D...

I sincerely apologize.

And I have no idea on the time frame...I will ask around though...

Who do I ask for when I get there. Is it at your rink?

So....how did it go? Were you guys packed out? Any major damage done?

Details girl....details....

We need some info I was bumped about not being able to go EJ did not even get off tell 6. So evening if we planned we would have been really late.

I hope it went well.

Kat

Latest posts

Back