Firm stomach

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
This is just a sort of "confirmation post", because I am not totally convinced there is anything wrong, but I just wanted you guys' opinion.

Pippin is quite a sturdy rabbit, and his stomach seems slightly round and quite firm. It's not hard as such, just as though he's had a good meal.

It's been like this all his life- on his countless visits to the vets, the vet has felt his stomach for blockages etc. or whatever they check for, and thoroughly checks his stomach.

He eats normally, poos normally, urinates normally,drinks normally, has boundless energy, and has been like this all his life (or at least as long as I can remember), and the vet hasn't said anything at all, even after feeling his stomach lots.

He loves his hay and his grass, and he eats lots of it.

I just know that a hard stomach can be indicative of a GI problem? :S I think?

Just wanted to get your take on it.

Thanks

Jen

Ah okay phew phew. Thanks.
Cos I have been thinking this for a few weeks now, and after reading a few posts on this site about bloated stomachs etc. it made me worry even more than i usually do lol.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

We have a shelter bunny whose normal poos would scare the heck out of me if I saw them from one of my own. Normal is different for everybun.

Thanks v much you guys :)
Mind at rest

Latest posts

Back