Finn tested positive for e.cunniculi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of Finney today...

You can really see the messy nosey here -

CIMG4733.jpg

CIMG4750.jpg

She's been resting and being a lazy bun alot lately. I'm guessing its the meds.

CIMG4734.jpg

But her buddies are always by her side...

CIMG4741.jpg

Definitely call the vet tomorrow. It could be a URI or the start of pneumonia. Have a culture done.

Did the vet suggest putting your other rabbits on Panacur just as a precaution?

I'm sorry to hear about Finn and her health problem's....this is a very personal subject for me as i lost my Pippi boy through health issue's due to EC...we battled an eight month fight until his little body had had enough and he died the day after christmas 07.....it still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it...he was a little fighter right till the end....god i really really miss him.

And now it seem's as though my girl Charlie may have it now.

It's an awful thing to have to go through that with a beloved bunny.

~Cheryl

Does the vet also want to treat the sneezing ( or face congestion)?
"Trying to blow his nose" is not normal.

Possibly you can bring that up at your next appt.

It sounds as there are a couple different problems with right now.

As Randy pointed out there could be an infection going on and the Panacur won't help with that.

Hope things get better for both of you!:pink iris:

Finn is scheduled for an appointment Thursday at 9:45.

She seems to be feeling a little perky. :) She is almost at the end of her medicine cycle.. Do you think that could be why she seems to be a little better? The "spinning" incicdent happened on June 5th. She still has the mucus on her snout and is still trying to blow her nose - but she is doing binks and speeding through the room.

I let you all know how it goes manana.

She either has something stuck up there or a URI. I know sometimes they can get hay stuck up there. My Dutch mix girl seems to have that happen from time to time. It sets her off in a sneezing fit.

Good luck with the appointment. Keep us posted.

Best of luck tomorrow Ang!!!! I'm hoping the vet just made a huge mistake. But if not, I know you'll learn everything there is to know. We'll be thinking of you :*

Just a quick update - I'll post the specifics later -

Vet thinks Finn's e.cuncoli is in remission. Could have came on due to stress and we caught it in time. He did a nose culture and checked her teeth. Her teeth looked good but he didn't not take an xray to see if they was any problems under the gum. He doesn't think that could be the problem becuase she has discharge coming from both nostrils as opposed to one. She's on a antibiotic - I'll post the name later. So I just have to wait and see on the nose culture.

But she seems to be doing great. Hopping around all silly-like. Sat on my lap the whole ride there - nibbling my hand when I wasn't petting her - all good signs. :biggrin2:

That news is fan-freakin'-tastic!!!! Momma and the trio helped pull Hersh through hard times after the fight and Finn got the same all for one team treatment!!! Good job, Momma, trio, and FINN!!!!!!!!!

angieang21 wrote:
Vet thinks Finn's e.cuncoli is in remission. Sat on my lap the whole ride there - nibbling my hand when I wasn't petting her - all good signs. :biggrin2:

Great news! I hope she continues to improve! Definitely a case to demonstrate how important an early, agressive treatment is!
:clover:

Latest posts

Back