Finished the cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbs

Reaction score
Thanks to Lyndsy for answering my questions andletting me model off of her monkeys' cage! It took me only 2 days witha little bit of work here and there. I actually made it into two twolevel cages. We are currently using the top cage and I put them in thebottom cage for a bit while I do major cleaning in the top. It reallyis easy to clean though. I just wipe it up and use a mini hand help vacto get all the "pieces". They boys were very good about wetting only inthe litterbox, although the poo is another story. They let that flywherever! We did have to get some clear plastic (not sure what my hubbysaid it was called) cut to size and lined the bottom of each cage about5 inches up due to lil poopy balls being all over the floor after a fewhours play. The boys love it. Batman got to enjoy it for a few daysbefore he became sick. He got comfortable in it real quick.Robin had to explore and sniff quite a bit for a day or two before hewould actually flop and lay comfortably in it.

Here it is.

NewCageFull.jpg

NewCagePenthouse.jpg

CheckingNewDigs2.jpg

Leeanne, I made it with help from Lyndsy (themonkeys' mommie). It was actually very easy to make. I used the NICcubes, a ton of zip ties, some castors to be able to move it easily,some wood cut to size for me by Home Depot, some indoor outdoor carpet,carpet tape, a few screws, 4 hinges, some peel and stick linoleum andbrother in law to drill a few holes for me.

This cost me about $25 more to make then the tiny one we bought fromthe petstore and this one is huge! They had room to run around in thereand some! Plus it is two cages! Room for more! =) The bunies love it!

Thanks Anna. Lucky they are! One word, SPOILED! :p

Latest posts

Back