Finished building the bunny boys new home :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitis3334

Reaction score
So Cricket and Firefly are settling into their new mansion nicely. Took a long time to build it, didn't come out exactly how I pictured it, but still not bad for my first major construction project. First time I ever used a circular saw, and I still have all my fingers!! :biggrin: Tomorrow I have to head to the thrift store and see if I can get them some blankets and accessories for their cage, it's so big that it looks empty. I still have more work to do, I didn't full floor the second level, ran out of wood for the other side, but I'll add it when I get the extra wood. I put a ramp in, added extra pvc pipe to it for gripping. Overall it is 8 feet long, a little over 2 and a half feet back, and a bit over 4 feet tall. I'm still working on the bedroom, I'm going to be adding vinyl flooring to the room, so it should be a lot easier to clean up after them with it. I'm also thinking of investing in a shop vac to suck up the poo that gets out of the box.

So I brought my family in to see the cage, I was so proud of my hard work. All my grandma had to say was "Why do you want to keep rabbits in the house?" and gave me the nastiest look, it's strange how back when my grandma was young keeping rabbits in the house was probably unheard of.

cage2g.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage4.jpg

cage5r.jpg

cage6.jpg

cage1r.jpg

[align=center]Cool condo for your rabbits! You did a really good job! I like the doors =D

Lol, a lot of grandparents are like that! XD Sometimes non-grandparents too XD

Funny story- my big grandma (I call her that cause she's a Great Grandma XD) only likes one of my rabbits, Sabriel, and when he broke his leg she was ranting and raving that we were spending all this money on a rabbit and then we were like "It was Sabriel." And she was like.. "Okay..=)"

=P... old people are kind of silly sometimes =)

Hi! Wow, very nice set-up. It certainly gives them lots of room and it sounds like once your all done, it's going to be even fancier. I'm sure they'll be pretty happy with their new home! :)

Thanks,
Pet_lover48

I've had the bunny boys in the cage for 3 days now, they still haven't even attempted to explore the second floor. On the positive side it is a lot easier to clean, I just take a shop vac to it twice a day and all clean :) Their personalities also seem to be changing. They have been playing with me a lot more, Cricket has taken to pulling my flip flop off and running away with it. He also seems to be playing tag with me at my best guess, he will run over to me, scratch on my leg, then run away again, and he keeps doing it. Firefly has been coming around a bit more also, with some more work hopefully he will come out of his shell, he is so shy.

Latest posts

Back