Finding a breeder....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickette

Reaction score
So I'm starting to look around for a rabbit. I've found a few breeds that I'm interested, the holland lop, the mini rex, and the dwarf hotot. I figure I am most likely to find a mini rex, but I'd like to try to find one of the others. I just learned about hotots today and they seem really neat. There was a minirex at the pet store that was marked like that and I wanted her but I was waiting. Then it I went today and someone bought her but was bringing her back because she bites. So....yeah....
Anyways, I don't know. I dont like the dutch pattern, though they seem very calm and friendly. I found a really pretty lop of some sort today but they wouldnt sell him alone, because he had a mate that he had already been breeding with and stuff and yeah. So I dont want to deal with baby rabbits, lol.
Anyways, I'm trying to find a breeder near me. I called a lady today and she has one holland lop, a broken black, born in april. it's registered, but it's 70 bucks. that's a lot for a rabbit, imo. But maybe it's a super great deal, who knows.
Anyways, I am just looking for a pet quality bunny. I'm near Shreveport, LA. About 30 minutes from texas, about an hour from arkansas.
Does anyone know of anyone near me? I looked at magic happens and they didnt have anything that really struck my fancy, and our shelter is so high kill they dont keep rabbits at all, they hardly keep anything. Went to every pet store around, only found two that i liked at all but I'm waiting to find the right one.
Anybody care to help?

$70 is high for a pet quality. i'm biased as to breed as i have a holland that is very lovey and sweet:biggrin2:.he says hi, by the way, i'm holding him like a baby right now and he's making typing veeery hard;). any way, why don't you chek out the rescue mesection? there's lots of babie that need homes and if you met half way with some one, it could work:). i can't tell you to not get a bun from a pet store because Jamie came from a pet store that gets rabbits in from a hobby breeder in the area. but i do recommend that you do your research on the pet store and where they get their babies from. the one we got Jamie from is one we've been going to for years, the owners live down the street from us and we got him with a hour over him being dropped off. i just be careful, you don't know who's bothered pet store buns before you get them. and don't write off a rescue. good luck!

Anna

JadeIcing wrote:
Umm dwarf hotots. I believe are prone to some stomech issue.

hahaha, while i was taking forever to post with on hand(my, but he is sweet when he's sleppy:biggrin2:)you beat me to the first post:laugh:

i'm sorry, that's just striking me as funny tonight:headsmack:tongue. i just started high school this week, maybe i'm cracking from the pressure, LOL:help!

well, magic happens is far, but my boyfriend is originally from WAAAAY down south, so maybe if i go home with him one weekend, then on the way back up, we can find a bunny. I dont know when he'll be going though, it'll be well after september 1, cause thats when he flies back from AZ, and school starts the 3rd....
i guess i shouldnt rush...i dunno....just anxious/excited

If you are in farming area try to find a small animal auction. You might find a rabbit you like or at least meet some rabbit breeders. You might also check feed stores and let them know you're looking to buy a rabbit.

Hi! You've got a PM from me. I think we live really close~so neat to know that another RO member is in my area.:D

If I were you I would keep checking Magic Happens to see if you find a rescue bun that "speaks" to you. If you adopt an older bun, you bypass the very delicate baby stage.

I'm so happy for you that you've gotten bitten by the "bunny bug" and that you want another rabbit! They are the most awesome creatures, aren't they :)

Latest posts

Back