Finally got my bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXsouthrngrl

Reaction score
I had been waiting on two holland lops to get big enough to come home and during that time, got 2 lionheads. Well everyone has been home for about almost a month now and are just doing awesome. All four were in one big cage (and got along wonderfully) but I finally moved the boys so there would be no oopsies as they are about 2 months now. We have started buying the materials for our large outdoor hutch but Im not in any rush and actually am thinking of rearranging the house to try to keep them indoors with me as Ijust enjoy themtoo much.

Anyways, here are some pics of my babies. They arnt that good as they were taken with my cell and bunnies just dont want to cooperate.

First up is Charlie, named after Charlie Chaplan for his little mustache

Charlie.jpg

Then comes Miss Bunny as we haven't picked out a name for her yet

MissBunny.jpg

Then my lionheads Rosie or Nosey Rosie as we like to call her as she is into everything (first) and Samson (second)

NoseyRosie.jpg
Samson.jpg

And just to throw in my other new baby girl who was born Jan 30th

Miss Candy, my new Pygmy Goat Doeling...

Baby.jpg

baby2.jpg

Hi Nona, your Bunnies are adorable.

I can see why you want to keep them inside. I love having inside bunnies, you can interact with them so much, and just watching what the do, how they play and sleep is so cute.

OMG your pygmy goat is so cute:inlove:. You're lucky you live so far away from me other wise I would have goatnap that little guy.

Susan:)

Oh my goodness! They are all so cute!

Congrats on all your new babies :)

wow you must have your hands full! the bunnies are adorable, I love the name charlie because of his moustache.

is there a short list of names for 'miss bunny'? maybe you need some help from us :p

my goodness the pygmy goat is soooo cute! what a cute little face. and I love the colouring, it looks like she is wearing boots on her front legs.

Thanks for sharing the pics, we would welcome more. I think you should consider starting a blog to tell us the adventures of the 4 bunnies, and of course slip in some pics of the pygmy goat!

Thanks, they dont have pedigrees or anything but they are still special to me. Their my first bunnies and I wish I had some a long time ago. We have our little routine down...Breakfast, veggies and pellets and change the water..then the boys have their out time. Lunch I check their water bowl again, refill their pellets (I dont fill it full as they will poo in it) and put in some alfalfa hay (they have timothy all the time). Boys go up and girls come out. Dinner is more veggies, check the pellets and the water again (girls go up). I always have a water bottle as a back up as they mess up their water dish with poo and I want to make sure they always have water.

I read that they dont start getting veggies til 10-12 weeks but I had already started veggies and I think they might attack if I stop the them...lol But so far we havn't hadany problems.

I thinkmy boys have made alist here somewhere and will post it when found. Everyone else was either named after some one or because they act like some one but so far she hasnt screamed a name yet.

And Susan, I will fight for Miss Candy...lol She's my first goat baby and my spoiled brat. I thought her mama was spoiled but Candy is far past that. Her Mama is named Sweety Girl and I was the only one who could touch her baby without getting butted or "yelled" at when she was born. I take that as a high honor that she trusted me that much.

Crystal, I just might start a blog so the rest of you can laugh at the everyday whatnots that go on around here....5 boys (one has Autism) 3 1/2 goats soon to be 6 as I'm moving towards Nigerians, 4 spoiled bunnies, 6 dogs (i have 2 Poms but mom has 4) My mom also has a preggo cow (yuck, slobbery).

I ownmy property but my mother lives with me and no matter if you own it or not, how can you say no to mom.:?

Omg, some bunnies are going to get bunny napped, lol. They are so extremely adorable!!! Congrats on your new fur babies! :biggrin2: Aww, I love the little "naaaa, naaa" of nany goats :).

What adorable babies - I used to breed lionheads and I love them - and I have grown to love holland lops too.

Are you going to any of the shows in Texas? Just curious - I'll be going to the Belton show (state show) to show my flemish giants and then I'll be going to the show in Seguin in April (I think?). It would be nice to meet another forum member.

I was looking at your bunny pics and 'ooohing' and 'awwwing' but but then...

:faint:

goooooooooooooat!

This thread should have come with a warning :p

Thanks everyone! I think they are all too cute also but then I may be a bit prejudice in that area...lol

Tinysmom when is the show? Maybe I can check it out. It would be neat to see how it works as I've never been to one. I looked up Belton and if I have the right place then its only 2 1/2 to 3 hours from me. But please dont tell me it's tomorrow as it's myboyfriendsB-day and he would kill me. He doesn't like all my critters and thinks the only thing an animal is good for is eating.:grumpy: But as I said, I own my place so it's deal with it or see ya. Guess thats why he is still a boyfriend and not a husband...As the oldest girl of 4 kids and with 5 boys of my own, I'm use to being in charge even if I sometimes let him think he is...lol;)

bengal77 wrote:
My goodness, the cute just overflows at your house. Does the baby goat have little stubby horns? :inlove:

I can feel the little nobs but it will be awhile before they start growing. On my own pet goats I dont disbud as I like their horns and dont see a need to remove them. When I get my registered ones I will have the kids disbudded as one of my boys wants to try to show them for 4H.

Actually I hopeto get him into showing rabbits instead as I hate the whole disbudding process. Basically a hot iron is put to the buds to stop them from growing. Yucky!

TXsouthrngrl wrote:
Thanks everyone! I think they are all too cute also but then I may be a bit prejudice in that area...lol

Tinysmom when is the show? Maybe I can check it out. It would be neat to see how it works as I've never been to one. I looked up Belton and if I have the right place then its only 2 1/2 to 3 hours from me. But please dont tell me it's tomorrow as it's myboyfriendsB-day and he would kill me. He doesn't like all my critters and thinks the only thing an animal is good for is eating.:grumpy: But as I said, I own my place so it's deal with it or see ya. Guess thats why he is still a boyfriend and not a husband...As the oldest girl of 4 kids and with 5 boys of my own, I'm use to being in charge even if I sometimes let him think he is...lol;)
I'll look up the shows later - Belton is the last weekend in March...I forget when Seguin is...and there is one in Austin too.

I will check www.bunnyrabbit.com and see their show schedule and post it tomorrow.

I know I need to enter my flemmies by 2/22 for the state show in Belton.

Someone told me the one in Seguin is April 17th. If they are all after this month then that would be great as it's a little busy for me. Last week of March is good though.

Goodness what gorgeous babies

And oh my..that little baby goat is just the cutest...i just love goats...my mum has two of them and i just love going up to her house to see them.

Latest posts

Back