Finally Got My Bunbun!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lestette

Reaction score
I'm so excited! On Wednesday night we went to go visit a bunny that I had been e-mailing this lady about for awhile now. It was love right off the hop, lol. She is so sweet and gentle! I just love her. :)
She is 5 years old (rescued from a closing pet store by this lady), and she is a Rex. I call her Lilybun, lol. :)

This is my girl! ^_^

This is just her temp. cage. We are building her a new one in 2 weeks. :)

IMG_9214.jpg

Just the one pic for now. Will get more soon!! :)

Thank you all. :) I wouldn't be interested in showing her, even if she could be shown. She's just a bun to keep me company, and I'm her bunslave, lol. I'm happy with just that. :)
She's still being very shy, but she's slowly coming around. She lived the first 2 years of her life in a pet store, and when the store shut down they couldn't find a home for her, so the lady that I adopted her from, got her from that store and she's had her for 3 years and could not find her a home. :(

I promised her when she came home that she would never be stuck between homes again and that her move here was permanent. :)

Also, is she a Mini Rex? She weighs about 6-7 pounds.

Oh, she is gorgeous! She looks like a ball of snow (literally)!

It's great that you will be keeping Lilybun forever and ever :D

She looks like a rex..

Standard Rex
A Rex rabbitWeight: 7.5–9.5 lb for bucks and 8–10.5 lb for does

Mini Rex
Weight: bucks- 4 1/4, does- 4 1/2 lbs.

Info. from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rabbit_breeds#Standard_Rex

Maybe she could be a little underweight if she is 6lbs. Im not sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it though(especially since you arent showing her)!

:wave:

ETA: I just looked at the picture again. I noticed the tattoo in her ear. She is definitely a full bred rabbit and was probably in show before- I would say she is a Rex, for sure.

Lol, she does look like a ball of snow! ^_^ She's really starting to warm up and trust me more too. She took a treat from my hand for the first time today. :) She is also using her litter box almost all of the time, which is awesome! I can't wait until we build her the bigger cage and give her some more room to roam. :)
I noticed the tattoo as well, I had no idea what it meant though. That's really neat! ^_^

Thanks so much!

Is it indeed a tattoo or just marker ink? Doesn't really look like a tattoo from the picture, but it could be just the angle it was taken at.

MistyJr, I'm curious as to why you said this rabbit wouldn't be a good show rabbit? It's not in breed pose, so I don't think it's fair to criticize it, especially when the owner isn't thinking of showing her. ;)

Emily

Here is a better picture of her ear... I'm not sure if it is a tattoo or not... Looks like scribbles lol.
IMG_9228.jpg

Here are some more pictures of my Lilybun. :) She's really starting to warm up to me. :D

IMG_9221.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

She is just awesome! ^_^

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Is it indeed a tattoo or just marker ink? Doesn't really look like a tattoo from the picture, but it could be just the angle it was taken at.

MistyJr, I'm curious as to why you said this rabbit wouldn't be a good show rabbit? It's not in breed pose, so I don't think it's fair to criticize it, especially when the owner isn't thinking of showing her. ;)

Emily
Well, The girl above said she would be a good show rabbit. I just commented on that.

I took no offense to it either way. :) She is very beautiful, I just love her to bits. :)

she's definatley a mini rex, but an over weight one at that, maybee cut back on some pellets? but she has the nicest shoulders ive ever seen! she must have been a show rabbit before because of the tatoo in the left ear ;)

How can you tell if she's a Mini Rex or Standard? I'm very confused by this. :S
And how do you determine whether she has nice shoulders or not?

Mini or Standard, nice shoulders or not, I love my girl. If she is indeed overweight, then we will deal with that... How do you determine whether she is in fact overweight or not?

well it is a tattoo in the left ear, though the rest might have faded out with time. I would say mini rex only because of hte size. I have a mini rex that is almsot 6 pounds and it's not fat, she's brood size not show size.

Very pretty bun bun

Lestette wrote:
How can you tell if she's a Mini Rex or Standard? I'm very confused by this. :S
And how do you determine whether she has nice shoulders or not?

Mini or Standard, nice shoulders or not, I love my girl. If she is indeed overweight, then we will deal with that... How do you determine whether she is in fact overweight or not?
Do you know how much weight she is?? I am also dealing with 2 over weight Rabbits at the moment. I have 2 very overweight Dutch's..

Weight:
Standard Rex: 7 1/2- 10 1/2
Mini Rex: 3- 4/12

Pam Nock's website is very good to learn about your bun. It is also have weight stuff on there.

http://nockrabbits.com/

I have Standard Rex's and Mini Rex's.. Here is my blog that you may look at.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=55616&forum_id=6

Thanks for the advice and I have an appointment to take her to the vet for a check up. We will see if they recommend putting her on a diet or not. :)
She has calmed down a lot since she got here. She finally came out of her cage yesterday and did some exploring, then we both fell asleep on the floor, lol.

I will post pictures of her outing later today. :)

^_^

Latest posts

Back