Finally found a good buck from a great breeder!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
My weekend just keeps getting better and better. As most know, I was going to end my Flop breeding if I didn't find a buck before/at Convention. Grumps is built really nicely, but he's only 8lbs at almost 9 months old. I had e-mailed Kamms, Edens, and even Shaws (even though that would have been one hell of an expensive one. LOL). Well, today I saw someone on a FB group link Lynn Eden's FB page. So I thought, "What the heck!" and sent her a private message. I briefly explained what I was looking for and she got right back to me. YAY! She she'll have a few really nice broken 6/8 or early senior bucks for sale, and will let me know when she makes her final decision. WOOOHOOOO!!!! Plus she answered some of my Flop questions, and said that ask anything I want at any time. She seems like a really nice woman. I just wish she didn't live across the darn country.

And on another "good weekend" vibe, I looked at Rosa's one little black doe. Now, Rosa's babies JUST hit 9 weeks, and I haven't really looked at them since they were 6 weeks old. I had all of them pretty much written off as junk. Well, imagine my surprise when I got her out and posed her...she's pretty nice. I think she may even be nicer than Nora (Ad's smoke pearl chin, who are now 13 weeks old). She actually even weighs a few more ounces than Nora, too. So I have her in the "keep for now" section. The other black doe is built nice, but she has a LOT of stray white hairs on her ears. She almost looks like she's a steel, except the only part with white are the ears. So she can't be shown, and I certainly don't want to breed it.

Rosa's agouti buck, Parker, is also looking nice. While I didn't weigh him, he felt about the same weight as his sisters (around 5 pounds). I really like his type AND his disposition, so he moved to the "keep for now" section, too.

Ruby goes to her new home tomorrow. Unfortunately, 5 of the Cal babies are heading to the cull buyer at Washington. They aren't nice enough to replace anything Kitty currently has, and these ones aren't pedigreed so show homes are pretty much out. Tried petting them out, but no takers. So those will go, along with the 2 remaining from Rosa's.

What a great weekend! :)

Glad that everything is going good and that you found a new buck.

Latest posts

Back