Filthy kits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
The kits are 15 days old today, and although they're growing beautifully (read: fat little guts!) And are hopping around when I take them out, they're lazy buggers and are very content to sleep all day and night otherwise. They've shown no interest in getting out of the nest themselves. It's a beautiful nest built at the back of a carrier, behind a deep bank of hay so it wouldn't be super easy to get out of, but they don't appear to be trying. I know that's not such a problem for a few more days yet, but they are gettig FILTHY and I'm worried about infections and the like. How long do I give them before they get boooted from the nest? Shoukd I be cleaning the little grubsters?

20140701_110459.jpg

You could wipe down the babies with unscented baby wipes, and I would probably spot clean the nest too. I'm not sure about cleaning the whole thing at this stage, but remove some of the soiled material and add some fresh hay etc.

Definitely clean the nest of wet and soiled material and put some fresh hay in to replace it. Sometimes kits are timid about venturing out. They're only two weeks old, so I wouldn't be concerned. By 3 weeks you might have to take them out and let them venture around for a bit, then put them back. Do that a couple times and they'll get better about exploring.

Latest posts

Back