Ferrel Cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Ok so Im so torn. We have a feral cat in our neighborhood. I started to feed him because I feel so bad for him. He has a bad eye infection and I called a local company that traps feral cats and takes care of them and then puts them back where they found them. The problem is I have a cat. She goes outside and this male cat is now hanging around all the spots my cat likes to go and she can't go there now because of him. Im also afraid she is going to catch what he has. I know if I stop feeding him he might go away but how do you stop feeding a homless cat!! Im so torn. Oh and now that I feed him outside I have thse **** possums comming into my yard and they almost had a fight with my cat last night!! uggg!!

The trap and release option sounds really good, particularly if they neuter and vaccinate. This would also help protect your cat from catching things.

Give Blossom a kissy from me :)

Get that company to take care of him. Sounds like the best option to me.

On an only slightly related note, there's this possum that lives by my friends house, and I call him King Possum because he walks around like he owns the place. Seriously. He is the snootiest looking possum ever. Possums crack me up.

Possums scare me! They carry diseases... and they are mean looking.

I hope you can get that company out there. I think there is a company here called MeowMobile. They go around helping ferrel cats.

I want to buy some cat food for the neighborhood cats (THERE ARE TONS OF THEM) but my husband wont let me. He said it would start a lot of problems... ugh :\

Legally once you start feeding them they are your problem. You probably don't want to be responsible for vetting all the strays in your neighborhood.

It's amazing what you can learn watching Animal Cops :)

I felt bad for the lady on the show that was fined for not taking care of the cats she considered ferral, but she was feeding. She was just trying to be nice, but the jurristiction considered it a nuscince.

There is this one cat inparticular that I always watch with a special eye. I have watched her grow since she was a little tiny kitten. She's gorgeous.. all different colors, i think its called Calico? Dunno, but I really like her.. she's getting a little comfy and I think within the next few weeks she'll let me pet her, we shall see. None of the cats in my area are thin though. They all look a healthy weight, i think a lot of people feed them.

You would probably be fine unless disease started, then the authorities might get involved. That was the case on the show. A lot of the cats had URI and infected eyes. They wanted to find out who owned them and why they were not being taken to the vet. She was feeding them so technically she owned them. :shock:

If you can get your hands on her perhaps she can be added to the family :whistling

Well I called them again and they said they will come this Saturday to try to trap him. I hope they can get some antibiotics into him becasue I believe he has a URI and a eye infection. Unless they are one in the same. But as soon as he heals they just drop him back in my yard so it looks like I might have another cat to take care of for however long he has left. He looks pretty old. I really dont mind but I just don't want my cat to get mad and run away because this guy is taking over all his spots in my yard!!

Latest posts

Back