Fern

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasspack

Reaction score
Fern came to us 8 days ago and it has been a great 8 days so far. She is an English Lop/velvetten lop cross. I picked her October 16, 2012. I saw her advertised on the internet for sale. She was going to be my bun:) My daughter(Hannah, age 11) has a mini satin and doesn't like to share him, so I decided to get my very own bun.

The first night home, she was a little nervous. We got home a little late, so I put her in her new NIC cage(that I built myself). She seemed to enjoy the room as she was in a smaller cage at her old home. She was eating, pooping, and drinking so I went to bed. The next morning, I was up at 5 AM to check on the new girl and I came running down the stairs, so excited to see her. Now keep in mind, this is my first BIG bun. And man can she pee a BIG puddle:biggrin: She had peed on her chloroplast(sp?) floor and it had run out of the cage onto my wide pine floors. Needless to say, I stepped in it and slid all the way across the room. Bun pee everywhere:( She had never used a litter pan before and I don't think she really knew what one was. Thank god she is using it great now. Anyhow...I spent the next hour cleaning up the biggest puddle of bun pee ever!!!

Here is a picture of my gorgeous Fern.

DSC_0635.jpg

She is a great bun!!!

Oh gosh, sliding across the floor on bunny pee.....what a way to wake up! :)

Yes I'm sure it will take a little bit of time for her to learn her litterbox. She is gorgeous. Glad you have your "own" bun now!

Thanks Lisa, she is a pretty bun. She hasn't had a "pee episode" outside the litterpan since that one night. Thank God:)

She is so much fun to play with and she likes to snuggle on the couch every night. She loves to have her ears rubbed:)

Alice

Awwww! Beautiful bun!! She looks like my kiwi but with bigger ears of course! Have a look at my blog called "kiwi & papaya" and you will see how much they look a like!!

Congrats on your new edition!!

Fern is gorgeous!!! There's something about her coloring that is very eye catching and very elegant. Glad you found such a sweet girl :)

Thanks everyone....I am obsessed with this bunny. She is so funny. And I really don't think she knows that she is supposed to be a "prey animal":) She isn't scared of anything. I have yet to see her cower or freeze or anything out of fear. She loves our 4 dogs and doesn't mind me vacuuming her cage everyday. She isn't thrilled when I pick her up but once I have her she settles in and cuddles like a baby.

Alice

Yes, Fern acts just like a dog. Tonight while she was out for free time, I couldn't find her and she was laying with our 15 year old golden retriever. It was so cute. But of course as I went to get the camera, she hopped on:(

Alice

Well, I just made the dreaded "spay" appointment for Fern. I hope it goes well. Her appointment is November 9th. I will be so glad when it is over, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I am never getting another girl bun. Neuters seem so much easier:) My husband doesn't agree, he thinks that I think neuters are easier----just because I don't have boy parts:)

Alice and Fern

I was nervous for the spay appt. too but it went very smoothly and I am SO glad I got it done!

As far as spay vs neuter, you are right, spays are harder. They are more invasive as they have to actually cut into a female.

Sounds like she has a wonderful personality and is settling in well!

Latest posts

Back