Fenny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Fenwick has been a royal little stinker. LatelyI've been worried because it's so cold he can't clean his nose properly(plus he spends more time in the box, making it worse). He was startingto stretch his neck to breathe (or so I thought) and wheezing. Thiswinter has been tough on him so far. Every morning he gets a huge icebeard, which must be melted off. It drives him crazy to have ice on hisnose--he shakes his head like a possessed creature and runs in circles.Not to mention all the other junk on his poor nose--he jumps back fastwhen he accidentlybumps it into something. It must hurt!

I brought him in to observe, to see if he needed a vet trip. Well, hetook off across the floor at top speed, tripped over his feet, jumpedup, and kept going...and going...and going. So much for "sick bunny"!!We chased him all over--he was having the time of his life. Turns outthe neck stretching thing was just smelling--his nose is so stuffy hehas to work real hard to smell things. He was breathing ok withoutdoing that, even running around like mad.

Now he gets a morning "run" in the house so he can clean up and meltoff. Then he gets a porch run so the temp change isn't such a shock. Hereally loves it, and can't stand to be caught (as soon as I reach forhim, I get the "butt wiggle" and he takes off)

He's eating and drinking quite well, and seems to be doing all right. Ifinally found and bought a bale of clean marsh hay and replaced hisdusty straw, so we'll see if that makes a difference!

I'm alwaysworried about winter for the poor guy, but he's pretty tough. I hope the new bedding helps!!

Rose

My sweet precious Fenny.

Looks like he's doing all that he can to make the best of a bad situation! :D

Sweet? Precious?

I don't think so!!!:X

snuffly little brat!

:p

hehehe

yeah, yeah, I love him--no you can't have him--and he is one brave little squirt.

:D

Rose

Latest posts

Back